Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2001 5:44:36 AM EDT
I have .jpegs I want to share with the group..

How do I do it, I tried to paste it into the text area, it didnt work ???

How do I do this ?

E
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
you have to know the addy of your pic then type {img} before the addy and {/img} but replace the {and} with [ and ]
View Quote

the pics cannot be on yore computer they have to be hosted on the internet whare the board can address them. someplace like hotpoint or photopoint.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#4]
If you hit the reply icon to reply to a post, there is some highlighted text, "board code."  It gives the format to put in your reply.  But first, your pictures have to be up on a server on the 'net, not just on your hard drive.

There are free websites that will host your pictures.  I use [url]www.ehomebook.com[/url] .  It's free & has complete instructions.  Once your pic is on the web, right click your mouse on the pic and then click on "save image location."  Make your post, type the  square brackets with "img" in between and then right click again & hit paste.  The url of your picture should magically appear.  Follow this with "/img" in square brackets & you're done.

Hit the "" icon above this message for reply with quote to see what I typed to get my snake's picture in the message.

[img]http://www.ehomebook.com/users/nglitz/images/SNAKEY--.jpg[/img]

Enjoy
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey man!  Nice RTB!
(how easy is it to wash out the turds from that carpeting?) [;)]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://www.cartogra.com/rs/4B4F021C-F94C-11D5-B42A-0090277A760E/screen[/img]
Work, you sumbitch!

Half the time I get the snake, half the time I get a red X.  On my attempt all I *ever* get is the red X.  Obviously an imperfect technology . . .
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Obviously an imperfect technology . . .
View Quote

Nope. Its magic. See?[<|:D>]

[img]http://www.ehomebook.com/users/hivac/images/Ranger.bmp[/img]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Whoa!  Got it!  Fuckin' A!  Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Now I am gonna have to go to all the threads like, "Post pics of your M4gery . . . motorcycle . . . dog . . . woman . . . etc. etc."  Except maybe for the woman part.  She'd just get pissed off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top