Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 7:18:15 PM EDT
Hi everyone! Second post here from a Tempe area AR-15 newbie.  Do any of you know of a good gun dealer in the Phoenix area who specialize in AR15's and accessories for the AR15?  I'm looking to buy a Knights Armament M4(postban) or something similar with a couple things like a tac sling and a red dot sight. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a lot of places that sell AR15's but as far as carrying a lot of accessories for them I don't know of anyone. Your best bet is the Internet for the extras. I know a guy with great prices on Bushmaster, Colt's and Armalite AR's. His name is Steve Bond at Scottsdale Gun Center. He is on Scottsdale Rd. between Oak and Thomas Rd in Wilshire Plaza on the East side of Scottsdale Rd.
Tel# 480-874-1383
Tell Him John sent you.

John
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
... One of the best Smithies in the East Valley is [b]Accuracy Speaks[/b] at Rio Salado gun range.

[url]http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
see cavalryarm.com
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks john, anyone else in the area want to give me some recommendations?  I've heard of a place called the Scottsdale Armory. Does anybody have any experience with them?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks john, anyone else in the area want to give me some recommendations?  I've heard of a place called the Scottsdale Armory. Does anybody have any experience with them?
View Quote

Actually they do have some stuff and about 100 feet from them is ASA (American Spirit Arms) They specialize in Ar's. Reason I forgot about them is because I don't particularly care for them....

John
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh and Cavalry Arms[url]http://www.cavalryarms.com/[/url] has some parts and of course make a great lower receiver. There place is in Mesa. If you need directions e-mail me.

John
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, the Scottsdale Armory and ASA have a bunch if you're looking for a store to walk in and see the stuff.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys! Where do you guys all shoot? I've heard of people just going out into the desert to plink...but i haven't been able to find any suitably unpopulated areas close to phoenix.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#10]
For a "real" gun range, I used to go to Rio Salado way out east.  That's also where Accuracy Speaks is located.  Or at least it was eight years ago.

For desert general blasting, try the White Tank Mountains on the far west side, way out maybe 20 miles out of town and north of I-10.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#11]
South Mountain range is pretty decent on the weekends.I've only paid when its a regulation shoot because we use new targets.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Aside from the sources already mentioned. AR15.COM is a great resource for product and pricing info. I also use firearms magazines to look for new products and reviews. I like to know what I'm looking for and the price, before going to gun shows in hopes of finding a deal. I am fortunate enought to live within 10 miles of 4 or 5 guns stores. Because of this, I tend to shop around a lot. You'd be surprised in the difference in price sometimes. Plus, some stores have better customer service and social skills than others. There are several stores in a small radius in Mesa. For shooting, I like Caswell's for indoor pistols. Otherwise, it's Rio Salado on Elsworth. Just keep your eyes, ears, and mind open. You'll find what you want eventually.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks all for your input.  You will all be seeing a ninja-suited young man with an ar15 running around the desert.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top