Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2008 10:09:32 AM EDT
Edit: Got it figured out, thanks.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't taken latin since high school.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#2]
It says "Fuck Obama".
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Latin.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like directions on how to make rigatoni.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Go to a 'smart board' like Straight Dope and ask there. I am sure there are several people fluent in Latin there.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone mentioned it's Latin yet?  
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#7]
May want to change your title to "Latinists;" probably get you more helpful answers.  I thought your post was going to be in IPA or something.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Thus, a man of aged years and ugly warts imposed himelf upon a fair virgin.

The issue of this unholy union was hideous, and the elders of the village named him Thomley.

Young Thomley was a drunkard, and committed blasphemy in the town square. He was sent to fight a Large Dragon as his punishment.

He subdued the Dragon by passing gas.  The township was saved, and the magistrate awarded Thomley his daughter in marriage.

She bore him five sons, each an ugly drunkard.

They in turn bore sons, each uglier and drunker than preceding generations.

The name Thomley has since been a laughingstock of the kingdom.

The last known Thomley set sail as a pirate, and has never been heard from again.

The End.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The issue of this unholy union was hideous, and the elders of the village named him Thomley.

Young Thomley was a drunkard, and committed blasphemy in the town square. He was sent to fight a Large Dragon as his punishment.

He subdued the Dragon by passing gas.  The township was saved, and the magistrate awarded Thomley his daughter in marriage.

The last known Thomley set sail as a pirate, and has never been heard from again.

The End.

LMAO thanks man, I needed a good laugh!  That was great.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The End.

LMAO thanks man, I needed a good laugh!  That was great.

Psyops is a woman.

Her posts are great though.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The End.

FTW!
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#12]
My Latin is very, very rusty, but it looks like some sort of pre-nuptial agreement done through the Roman Catholic church.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jrock82

Psyops is a woman.

The term man (from Proto-Germanic *mannaz "man, person") and words derived from it can designate any or even all of the human race regardless of their sex or age. This is indeed the oldest usage of "man". The word developed into Old English man, mann "human being, person," (cf. also German Mann, Old Norse maðr, Gothic manna "man").

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Jrock82

Psyops is a woman.

The term man (from Proto-Germanic *mannaz "man, person") and words derived from it can designate any or even all of the human race regardless of their sex or age. This is indeed the oldest usage of "man". The word developed into Old English man, mann "human being, person," (cf. also German Mann, Old Norse maðr, Gothic manna "man").

Well if you were using it in that pretense. Personally myself I don't say "Thanks man" when I am speaking to women though.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#15]
That's Latin. It's talking about a piece of land given to some (I believe) religious order and lists a description of it. I can get more detailed if you'd like...but that's (what seems to me) to be the rough gist of it.

Bummer
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

rotflmao.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It says "Fuck Obama".

and AROCK

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Doesn't allow for Latin, but you could try Spanish or Italian, which are based on Latin.

http://translate.google.com/translate_t#
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#19]
This is tounge of dead white devils has been banned by the dear leader.  

You must now learn ebonics and Ess-Pan-Yoll.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Psyops is a woman.

Impossible. No such thing as women on the internet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Google Latin translator
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The End.

You miss , are a very cunning linguist!

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Rule #30: There are no girls on the internet

It is Latin... do people not know latin when they see it?  What's so hard about reading dead languages?  It's something about land, that's all I got... my family stopped being catholic when i was 9 so i never got around to learning much about it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The End.

You miss , are a very cunning linguist!

And, you are a master debater!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top