Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 3:57:03 PM EDT
We're all just getting back from a day of fun and games at The Red Goat's place in East Texas - what a great time was had by all in attendance!

I say three cheers for The Red Goat and his family, who were excellent hosts!

Eric The(Huzza!Huzza!Huzza!)Hun[>]:)]

PS: Sorry you couldn't be there - neener,neener, neener!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Hip hip, hooray!

Thanks RedGoat, it was a great time, even tho the weather did not full comply with our wishes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We're all just getting back from a day of fun and games at The Red Goat's place in East Texas - what a great time was had by all in attendance!

I say three cheers for The Red Goat and his family, who were excellent hosts!

Eric The(Huzza!Huzza!Huzza!)Hun[>]:)]

View Quote

Whew!

No kidding, I was getting worried about you guys!  I thought maybe you got washed off the road somewhere.

I talked to TheNannyGoat (Mrs.RedGoat) and confirmed that Good Times were had by all!  Nothing but good memories of friends well met!

Can still NOT say enough about the help AROCK gave to making this all happen.  Kudos as well to my older brother Dr.JeffAllen for pitching in to make this a future site for AR15.DFW events.

We have soooooo many things that were left undone at this event, pictures to be made, rifles to be shot, (Mojo you are my hero!), ammo left unspent.....

In the spring RedGoat II is planned already!  

I hope the weather allows RedGoat II to include the overnight camping, classes of instruction, and revelry to last ALL TWO DAYS!

TheRedGoat

Oh, BTW, you have NOT lived until you have seen MOJO empty a BETA C on FA.

Or... LordTrader fire his Mosin Nagant

Or... Jarhead shoot Isoceles with his HK (POW!..Splaannnng!)

Or... FALARAK bump firing into a creek

Or... Brasseater ALSO blasting away...

Or... Elynn smoking one of your cigars ( I thought she was KIDDING when she asked for one  [;)] )

Or... ProTac sighting in an AR with a Titanium bolt (sweeeet!)

Or.... Watching the smoke (steam) rising from Zoom's barrel while he hammers a pumpkin during a downpour! (think 40 days, 40 nights with an AR DEFYING the storm!)

Or... Best of all.. Watching friends become GOOD friends while eating, drinking, and being merry at your home.

Truly a weekend that will never be forgotten.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hip hip, hooray!

Thanks RedGoat, it was a great time, even tho the weather did not full comply with our wishes.
View Quote

NO, Thank you!  

My AR trigger is now soooo sweet!  Where else could I have learned first hand how to stone polish my AR15???

Lessons learned, Friends met.

TheRedGoat

The 'Bottle of Budweiser' was right on the money.  Hope we can do this all again soon (pray for a drought!)

TheRedGoat

Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Just found out, that ammo can is jarhead22's.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok, here is the deal.  Rather than spend 10 bucks to ship this ammo to ya....your ammo is now a hostage.

Here is what I want in exchange  .  You are REQUIRED to come back to my house, eat my food, drink my refreshments and teach me to shoot isoceles.  Bring a friend as well.  I know Dr.Jeff would like a chance to sit and visit with you as well.

THEN I will release the ammo can to your care.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of the video of Mojo and myself BOTH Rockin' and Rollin' would ya?  

Man oh man!  I would gladly pay for a copy of the video you took!

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for a great time AGAIN.  Even the wife said she had a good time.  It was her first time ever shooting a gun.  She said she would come out again.  Thats a good thing.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Unfortunately, I was taking still shots with my camera, maybe Lordtrader was doing the video cam footage!

Eric The(Yes,PeopleStillTakeStillShots)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope no go on the video. here's the explanation [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=78783[/url]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I am sure some one got some pictures.  I am sure FALARAK will post some soon and Eric the Hun will too after he gets his developed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Dang it I always miss the good stuff! I spent the day recovering from a trip to Waco yesterday to watch our beloved Panthers get beat by Blanco 16-0 in a driving, night long rain. Didnt know a human could get that wet fully dressed.[0j]

Let's hope for round two this spring and I'll try my best to be there. Sounds like a good time was had by all.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:ope for round two this spring and I'll try my best to be there. Sounds like a good time was had by all.
View Quote

No need to hope.  RedGoat II already in the works!

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
RedGoat II already in the works!

TheRedGoat
View Quote

How's about next time, we ante up some cash for some friendly shooting competition. With Rifles, not Pistols, Rifles.....[;)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I was sick. [V]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Had a great time. The directions home worked out  good didn't hit any traffic. My wife has some video of RedGoat firing away that she is going to post. Quality is not the greatest but you can see something. Dang camera went to sleep on her. Can't wait until next time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok, here is the deal.  Rather than spend 10 bucks to ship this ammo to ya....your ammo is now a hostage.

Here is what I want in exchange  .  You are REQUIRED to come back to my house, eat my food, drink my refreshments and teach me to shoot isoceles.  Bring a friend as well.  I know Dr.Jeff would like a chance to sit and visit with you as well.

THEN I will release the ammo can to your care.

TheRedGoat
View Quote

That's a plan, man! And there was much rejoicing....yaaayyyyy!
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How's about next time, we ante up some cash for some friendly shooting competition. With Rifles, not Pistols, Rifles.....[;)]
View Quote

Hmmmmmmm...you don't want to put up some cash on your pistol skilz, lordtrader? Why, pray tell?
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hmmmmmmm...you don't want to put up some cash on your pistol skilz, lordtrader? Why, pray tell?
View Quote

Don't want to take all your money.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Post from mojo -
Eric The Hun: Nice to meet you. Thanks to lead us home.
View Quote

I wasn't certain that you were still back there until we got to the I-20 split on Hwy 175 and I saw your vehicle going up the ramp!

Whew! Did you see all that water back there on Hwy 243? Can you imagine what I-20 must have been like near Terrell!

Yes, and it was certainly a pleasure to meet you mojo! We've got to continue meeting together like this, it's for our own good!

Eric The(Anytime,Anywhere,ForAllY'all!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top