That thing is bad ass.

Is that the fuel pump humming at idle?
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#6]
owned by.....

built by.......

driven by......

all different people.

i'm not seeing the fun of ownership there.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Needs work on his reaction time.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#8]
That thing is a monster
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#9]
that's impressive.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats the Turbos humming at idle. Its a daily driven car also.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn, sweet ride!
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
owned by.....

built by.......

driven by......

all different people.

Its a drag racer.  Its all about giving a metric shit-ton of money to a guy who knows auto parts really well, and can bolt them together to make a car that creates alot of power and puts it to the ground.  While he's doing this, you find a guy who can drive this expensive thing better than you can, so your toy gets the best timeslip possible.

The timeslip is point of your entire hobby, because it leads to this:  

For years to come, years and years and years, you tell everyone you meet about that timeslip and how badass your car is (or was), comfortable in the knowledge that you can win the richest-guy/biggest-penis-size contest in any given group of car buffs.  In fact, you trailer around your expensive toy to all the local car shows, with a big blown-up laminated photcopy of that timeslip to lean against the fender while the hood is up to show off the engine.  Sometimes you forgo the trailer and actually drive to the car show, to prove to your buddies that you're a real man and its a real car.  At the car show you sit in a folding chair next to the car and wait for people to tell you how badass it is (and therefore how badass YOU are).  In fact, you put videos on the internet to show people how awesome this machine you paid for is.  YOU had the ability to pay for it!  You are gratified immensely by all this.

The only time you miss car shows is when you pay a visit to the local gunshow on occasion, where you don't buy anything but simply walk around all day showing people your limited edition, consecutive serial numbered Colt single action army pistols in their presentation case.  They aren't for sale, you just want to show them to everyone.  You are gratified immensely by all this.

Need I continue?
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#13]
WOW
that car is awsome... almost as awsome as my 2000 hyundai elantra.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
owned by.....

built by.......

driven by......

all different people.

Its a drag racer.  Its all about giving a metric shit-ton of money to a guy who knows auto parts really well, and can bolt them together to make a car that creates alot of power and puts it to the ground.  While he's doing this, you find a guy who can drive this expensive thing better than you can, so your toy gets the best timeslip possible.

For years to come, years and years and years, you tell everyone you meet about that timeslip and how badass your car is (or was), comfortable in the knowledge that you can win the richest-guy/biggest-penis-size contest in any given group of car buffs.  In fact, you trailer around your expensive toy to all the local car shows, with a big blown-up laminated photcopy of that timeslip to lean against the fender while the hood is up to show off the engine.  Sometimes you forgo the trailer and actually drive to the car show, to prove to your buddies that you're a real man and its a real car.  At the car show you sit in a folding chair next to the car and wait for people to tell you how badass it is (and therefore how badass YOU are).  In fact, you put videos on the internet to show people how awesome this machine you paid for is.  YOU had the ability to pay for it!  You are gratified immensely by all this.

The only time you miss car shows is when you pay a visit to the local gunshow on occasion, where you don't buy anything but simply walk around all day showing people your limited edition, consecutive serial numbered Colt single action army pistols in their presentation case.  They aren't for sale, you just want to show them to everyone.  You are gratified immensely by all this.

Need I continue?

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's a buddy of mine's Viper
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't care who built it, who drove it or who owns it...  That's a bad bitch...
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Heres how its done.
71 Camaro Street/strip
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice!

That thing looks like it's about to crash all the way down the track.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Heres how its done.
71 Camaro Street/strip

Mine didn't have all that 'magic' under the hood but my '70 1/2 had the same split bumpers/signals under the bumpers setup as that one does. It was a very low production run for that year. Damn I miss that car.

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Its a drag racer. Its all about giving a metric shit-ton of money to a guy who knows auto parts really well, and can bolt them together to make a car that creates alot of power and puts it to the ground. While he's doing this, you find a guy who can drive this expensive thing better than you can, so your toy gets the best timeslip possible.

For years to come, years and years and years, you tell everyone you meet about that timeslip and how badass your car is (or was), comfortable in the knowledge that you can win the richest-guy/biggest-penis-size contest in any given group of car buffs. In fact, you trailer around your expensive toy to all the local car shows, with a big blown-up laminated photcopy of that timeslip to lean against the fender while the hood is up to show off the engine. Sometimes you forgo the trailer and actually drive to the car show, to prove to your buddies that you're a real man and its a real car. At the car show you sit in a folding chair next to the car and wait for people to tell you how badass it is (and therefore how badass YOU are). In fact, you put videos on the internet to show people how awesome this machine you paid for is. YOU had the ability to pay for it! You are gratified immensely by all this.

The only time you miss car shows is when you pay a visit to the local gunshow on occasion, where you don't buy anything but simply walk around all day showing people your limited edition, consecutive serial numbered Colt single action army pistols in their presentation case. They aren't for sale, you just want to show them to everyone. You are gratified immensely by all this.

Need I continue?
You're just jealous cause I spend all day talking to hot babes on the internet

It blows my mind that people that can amass that kind of coin for a motor vehicle but cannot spell two syllable words like "judgment" Maybe they're brits *shrug*

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Pretty sweet, Stacey B who lived in Tucson and moved to Vegas has a yellow and black viper that was Underground Racings old car.  Makes about 1500 hp, and runs high 170 mph.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#23]
To anybody who has never done that.....give it a try.
It's the most fun you will ever have!

What ever you do don't yell"stop,let me out" like my wife did the first time
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Its a daily driven car also.

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thats the Turbos humming at idle. Its a daily driven car also.

Sounds more like a fuel pump...
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I built an 800 whp 1993 Fox Body Pony thats Turbo to race these guys. I realized I was to broke to compete. And 800whp was not enough except at the track on slicks.

Everytime they blow a bottom end on those Vipers it costs about 27k on average. Ill stick with my DART block.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

owned by.....

built by.......

driven by......

all different people.

Need I continue?

Thats sums it up nicely.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I built an 800 whp 1993 Fox Body Pony thats Turbo to race these guys. I realized I was to broke to compete. And 800whp was not enough except at the track on slicks.

Everytime they blow a bottom end on those Vipers it costs about 27k on average. Ill stick with my DART block.

You post on Turbomustangs.com then?  I have a T76 94 GT with a Dart and AEM.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That thing is bad ass.

Is that the fuel pump humming at idle?

Lift pump actually.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh yeah? Well I have a bigger penis.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You post on Turbomustangs.com then?  I have a T76 94 GT with a Dart and AEM.

Yeah its been a while same screen name as here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#32]
That Viper has some serious power, and can put it down, unlike a lot of "tuner" cars with big turbos.

nice work
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Being more of a truck guy, I have seen a Jeep with a Viper motor in it.

I have a Jeep. I have a dream.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Sweet ride. My Brother In-Law builds Viper race motors out of Ohio. I have had quite a few "holy shit" moments in Vipers he was driving on the street.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I had a 70.5 Z/28 with the original LT-1 and turbo 400. Man wish i still had it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Then there's a little donut fun...on $800 worth of back tires.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StuyzsnAh5I
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top