Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 4:05:02 AM EDT
Fox is now reporting Tora Bora has fallen.  Over 200 bodies from just the last day of fighting.

No Usama Bin although the Afghans believe they've found the cave where he was living.

Speculation now that Usama has retreated further up into the White Mountains or as likely Pakistan.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Various news reporting we also had about 200 British and Americans fighting on the front lines when Tora Bora fell.

Wonder if those kind and gentle folks hastened the end of the Tora ?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:43:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I hope the British don't get him first, since they say they will insist that OBL not get the death penalty.  I can't imagine anyone more deserving.
View Quote

These particular Brits are, of course the SAS and the SBS.
I don't believe these guys are familiar with that particular British law.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]
The Northern Alliance military commanders put the blame for the escape of Bin Laden directly on the political leaders who called for the ceasefire a couple of days ago.

They say that the announcement of a pending surrender was simply a rouse to permit Bin Laden and his lieutenants to escape!

Eric The(ThanksForTheHeadsUp,5subslr5!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:59:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Northern Alliance military commanders put the blame for the escape of Bin Laden directly on the political leaders who called for the ceasefire a couple of days ago.

Ericthe(ever-current)Hun - politicians the world over are universally "DUM!"  (Excepting Pres. Bush and Sec. Rumsfield of course.)
(Dum be more stupid than Dumb.)
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 5:27:30 AM EDT
[#6]
This news makes my coffee taste bad.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Should the British capture Osama first, which is highly doubtful, they will need to turn him over immediately. To do otherwise would be to aid and abet a known terrorist, which would require a quick and decisive blow to be delivered to the Brits though the United States military forces.

Either you are with us in our fight against terrorism or you are against us. Which one is Tony Blair?

(edited to add: We've already kicked their ass once, the last time they pissed us off.)
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Still no bin Laden found.

My Father is gloating, he hates Bush so bad he is convinced that BinLaden escaped weeks ago, just because he wants Bush to be embarrased by making all this effort and not getting him. It is making it really difficult to be here with him today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top