Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2001 8:47:07 PM EDT
I hope to reinforce the idea that the human is redeemable at the foot of the cross.

!. Apostle Paul. Having supervised the the crucifixtion of believers in Christ, including Stephen, an apostle who he participated in his stoning to death, was alone on a road to Damascus to deliver papers authorizing execution of Christians there.....and was blinded by a great light.

To him we owe the Epistles.  ( Epiphany meaning in Latin.. " coming to know the truth")

2. Jeffrey Dahmer. Prior to being murdered in a shower by a fellow prisoner looking to become famous in a prison in northern Wisconsin, Jeffrey Dahmer's life was converted to the use of the Lord Jesus Christ. He was received through the efforts of a Lutheran minister who received nothing from his efforts. His name, honored in Christian circles, is not revealed here.May his reward be great that he made an effort to such a miserable soul.

3. Jane Fonda. A privileged child indeed. Jane assisted the North Vietnamese in their torture of American soldiers. Jane was quoted at one time as saying " The world would be a lot better off if there were no Christians in it". Jane was changed 2 years ago. Ted Turner resisted her conversion to the love of God, and Jane countered with a divorce suit.

4. Grimshaw. Guilty of every sin listed in " The Indictment of Mankind" listed in Romans , chapter 1. except lesbianism. I remain a hardened man. Without the hand of the Lord on my shoulder I could be capable of acting on every impulse.

I hope that you can offer more examples of souls walking one direction who turned to Christ. I have a belief that Mick Jagger will also convert, and my prayers are also for Steyr Aug. I like those guys, and its the season to pray for those in need of God's love. I have given up on world peace, and have taken a snipers view on two guys.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You know what I hate?  People who wear their religion on their sleeve.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If you hate me Raven, say so. God has given me a mind. I think, therefore I can wipe the drool off my face. I live, I breathe, I speak my opinion. Its not always in agreement with you. Neither is your wife. Nor am I always in agreement with God to whom I kneel, in spite of a lot of really good ideas. But I Love Christ. Beyond anything mortal.

Sometimes in my life I feel as if God wears me on his sleeve. But when the final cry goes out,its His name I'll call.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Brew!
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
GRIM....there is a reason he hates you...he fears GOD..and anyone who walks with HIM
 john in houston
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Harsh News!

" Whoever aknowledges me before men,I will also aknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown before my Father.

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law---a mans enemies will be the members of his own household.

Anyone who loves his own father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his own son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his own cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Who ever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

I have a VERY large family!  Some guys from AR15.com too!
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Being a self- professed intellectual... "If it bothers you a little, it bothers you a lot."  My own salvation is not guaranteed! "Holier than Thou" is the theme of a church that I attended until they they preached 2000 disaster crap. I was always the "outtie" because I didn't believe it.

We are all scratching up the hill to get a look at this man called Christ! Who will be first to see God's face? You want to go first? Wow! Can I be second and see what happens to you?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:40:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I dont hate you per se, Grimshaw.  Should have said "I hate it when people wear their religion on their sleeves."

Just irritates me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:42:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Without the hand of the Lord on my shoulder I could be capable of acting on every impulse.
View Quote

No flame intended but I find the quoted comment to be strange. There are many a Christian who say the without their beliefs they would be out of control. I am NOT a Christian but I DO live by the "Golden Rule".
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 2:25:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men"

I'm not calling you a hypocrite, but it could certainly be perceived that you are drawing attention to your own piety and the fact that you are going to pray for others - and that seems a little unnecessary.  Just pray for them - no need to tell others that you are going to.
View Quote

DK-prof does have a point.  I am whole heartedly glad that you are motivated enough to ask Yahweh to work on the minds of these men(SteyerAug and....Mick Jagger?!?!), but by publicly announcing it you draw questions to your motivations.  I only hope your not seeking a pat on the back from us fellow "bible thumpers."  Just do your job as a Christian, and do your work as if you were a secrete agent behind enemy lines.  
Only Yahweh knows your true motivations for this announcement.

posted by DK-prof:
Personally, it does bother me a little when people in their minvans feel an urge to advertise their Christianity to me on bumperstickers or little fish. Why is that necessary?
View Quote

It use to annoy me too, but I see now that it shows their ignorance of the book they claim to know so well.  Typical liberals, huh? [;D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 2:50:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Personally, it does bother me a little when people in their minvans feel an urge to advertise their christianity to me on bumperstickers or little fish.  Why is that necessary?

View Quote

People who have these fish on their vehicles must realize that they are wearing religion on their sleeve.  They will be judged accordingly by the general public as to their driving habits and behavior on the road way.

Yes, I almost hit an idiot who was driving reckless with a "fish," on the bumper lately.  That is something to think of especially if you let one of the teenage kids borrow the minivan.

[soapbox]

edited for tooooo many words- And to ad McUzi and Fighting Illini to your list Grimshaw.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#13]
My religion requires me to live by the Golden Rule, but luckily, I am required to keep it to myself (lucky for me, my god doesn't frequent AR15.com).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top