Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2001 3:32:50 PM EDT
So I'm watching this car commercial and the guy says "When you were a kid, who was on your lunch box" or something similar.  Being a car commercial(forget who) I'm like not any car company!  So they show this car a little and then the guy goes.."Yeah, you know it was Evel Knievel"!   Fukin' Badass!!  I was thinkin' to myself" I had Evel Knievel you idiot!"  Childhood memories flooded back instantly!  Actually my parents wouldn't by me a dirtbike because I wanted to be Evel Knievel.  I busted myself up well enough on my bicycle!

Had all the toys and dolls and checked Ebay the go for a nic epenny in good shape!

Mine were used for jumping stuff!  
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I had one of those toy motorcycles that had the heavy rear wheel.  You'd use a plastic pull-cord, feed it through the wheel, yank it as hard as you can and watch that thing go!
View Quote

Yeah, I had one of them too! If I recall it was basically a long zip tie lookin thing?? You yanked the hell outta that thing and put it down and Evil would do one Bad Ass wheelie! That is if he wasn't just hopping around long enough to go totally sideways and crash!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I did not go for picture luch boxes.

I had the Spy toys. Cameras which folded out to guns and the like
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 12:56:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to play with broken pieces of concrete. The chunks with rebar sticking out were the best.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I used to play with broken pieces of concrete. The chunks with rebar sticking out were the best.
View Quote

When I was growing up, we used to play with sailcats, the only toys my dad could afford.
Borg
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#6]
i had a pull cord thing...it was called an sst racer...big rubber wheel...cool toy
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 5:00:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 5:23:57 AM EDT
[#8]
my evil motorcycle didnt have a pull cord but a base with a handle that you would crank really fast. when you would stop cranking the cycle would go ripping off jumping stuff and chasing the household pets.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I had the bike and base also.  Just saw one on eBay for 60$!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn, I must be really old.....I had stuff like:
Major Matt Mason
The Gold Knight
original G.I. Joe
a chemistry set
my lunch box design was a plaid tartan
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Had the bike and base also.  You could make Evel do handstands on the bars and stuff...cool toy.

Caught the house on fire with my chemistry set and lost it.

Coolest toy I had was Tin Can Alley...and I just bought my boy one for Christmas....cant believe they still make it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Ready Ranger Action set.  That was cool!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#13]
What about throwing DIRT CLODS at cars?

Dirt Clods are nature's toys.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

ROTFLMAO Used to do the same thing, hide in a ditch next to the road, and lob them over like grenades without looking, and run like he77. Until one of the cars we hit was a Sheriff. hmmmm
Borg
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I had the Secret Sam brief case which had a camera mounted inside with a peep hole for taken top secret pictures of the family and visitors. It also had a pistol and a hole in one end for shooting plastic bullets at anyone who caught you during a covert op. There was a button on the side which was linked to the trigger for firing. It was one bad-ass cool toy.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

... No, they were natures hand grenades!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Had the bike and base also.  You could make Evel do handstands on the bars and stuff...cool toy.
View Quote

My wife has still got Evel, and his bike and van.  The van has vinyl sides that could be removed.  I was cleaning up the attic and found the whole set in a box.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#19]
One Christmas I got a can of gasoline and some rags.  Every year since then, my sister asks, "Whatever happened to cat?"
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I had army men that I made out of sticks, until the winter of '03 and then we had to burn the army to keep warm in our cave in the side of a garbage dump where it snowed 18 months out of the year and we would play with juniors toes when they froze of and we had a cat but we had to barbeque him for xmas dinner, he was good with the squashed skunk we found in the road....
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

We used snowballs in Michigan.  We had to use our escape routs on occasion.  The best chase was a 20 something guy.  I wanted to puke when we finally out ran him.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Did anyone else have that weird vehicle for Major Matt Mason? I forget what they called it but the two "wheels" on the sides were four point spokes...funny as hell. Hmm..."Moonwalker" maybe?
View Quote

I HAD THAT!!!

And a G.I. Joe lunchbox. I remember thinking of the strange battle scenes on the box, with massive destruction, burning tanks, etc., and yet there were flowers in full bloom in the field.

Dang, I don't FEEL old.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had army men that I made out of sticks, until the winter of '03 and then we had to burn the army to keep warm in our cave in the side of a garbage dump where it snowed 18 months out of the year and we would play with juniors toes when they froze of and we had a cat but we had to barbeque him for xmas dinner, he was good with the squashed skunk we found in the road....
View Quote

We used to dreeeeam of livin' in a cave! When I was a kid my whole family lived in a shoe box - All 13 of us. We had small pebbles to play with and my favorite pet was a slug named Ernie. My dad made me get rid of Ernie one day because he kept leaving a slime trail on the walls of the shoe box.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#25]
for the lunch box deal I 'member the Peanuts and a Banana Splits box's.for the toys Lincoln Logs which plugs up a toilet quite well.Lego's which we built into monster machines bashed an crashed'ed um an Dad would HOWL! when he went to the Latrine after stepping on the fall out with bare feet.and every young mans dream Hot Wheels real and concept models of life I can never afford.....ooooh to be young an hear Dad step on them Lego's again.I had to buy the HondaXL70 myself for a afternoon I could feel like Bob Hannah or Roger DeCosta an know the old man was screaming my name..some where far away.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Lincoln Logs.

Lionel train.

All sorts of plastic and metal rifles and pistols.

Hit my brother in the head with a metal cap gun, just like they did it in "Have Gun will Travel" and he ended up with 8 stiches above his eye. He was 12, I was 3.  Those Steel cap guns with the rolls of red caps that came out above the hammer...? Anyone old enough to remember those?

And Slingshots were big. Little bent wire ones covered in clear plastic...for about 1.00.

Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

We used to dreeeeam of livin' in a cave! When I was a kid my whole family lived in a shoe box - All 13 of us. We had small pebbles to play with and my favorite pet was a slug named Ernie. My dad made me get rid of Ernie one day because he kept leaving a slime trail on the walls of the shoe box.
View Quote

Luxury!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh, you guys just brought back a ton of memories.  

My first lunch box was G.I. Joe, my second one was Speed Racer.  At least I think that's what they were.

I felt like the middle child of toys.  I was too young when the cork shooting cap guns were cool, and too old when the big wheels and green machines came out.

Link Posted: 12/18/2001 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#29]
damn i feel old and im only 19

i remember preban cap guns [:D] i had one that looked like a berreta and used these strip caps

also had a ton of the single actions that were double action that used the roll caps :)
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
damn i feel old and im only 19
View Quote

Take the advice of an old guy...

Get away from the computer and go talk to some womenz 'n girlz.

You don't want to end up with regrets do ya? [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top