Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2001 2:00:04 PM EDT
This seems like a timely topic given the fact that some lucky soul may be cloase to claiming the $25 million reward for bringing osama's head on a platter.  Many were the days that I too day dreamed about flying to Afghanistan to try my luck at getting my hands on this money and that cancer to society.  SO, what would you do with the reward money?
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would bet it all on odd in Vegas.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Open a shooting range as big and fun as Disneyland.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I would own more land than I could ever imagine, with a lake, and a cabin, and a tank, and a whole bunch of small arms, and a HMMWV, and a PBR,.........
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Take 10mil put it in a mutual fund, buy myself a new car, and give the rest to a Sep 11th charity
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy AR15.com, so I could bitch about mods!! JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE MODS!!!
[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
buy me a large piece of land out in the country, build a big ass house, a kick ass indoor and outdoor range. invest some of it, buy my wife whatever she wanted, have enough for my kids harvard education. buy more guns and ammo.

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey I wonder... If a member of the US military happens to do the actual capturing of Bin Laden will they then get the reward?

IPSC_GUY (wondering) sends
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Take 10mil put it in a mutual fund, buy myself a new car, and give the rest to a Sep 11th charity
View Quote

Good man.  I hope someone like you gets the reward.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey I wonder... If a member of the US military happens to do the actual capturing of Bin Laden will they then get the reward?

View Quote

Um, if this is anything like the reward situations I've read about in law school, I don't think the military can claim it.  When a police apprehends a suspect, they cannot claim any outstanding rewards.  This is because they have a pre-existing duty and are contractually obligated to get the BG anyway.  In other words, if it is your JOB to do something, you cannot claim a reward for doing so.  I guess the government could be charitable and give the money as an Award, but they will not be legally obligated to do so.  But hey, I was ranked at the bottom handful of my law school so I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Screw the reward. I would give my right nut to be the Marine sniper that puts that P.O.S. in the mil-dot and lets him hold one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I would use the cash to buy myself a seat in the US Senate.  Then every day I would tell Hitlery Clinton to kiss my ass on the floor of the senate.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Whatever the fvck I wanted.

I would throw a party for my friends the likes of which has never been seen.
-then-
I would go to a nice private island with four or five high class call girls, where were would perform deviant acts on each other.
-then-
I would return to my normal life and live pretty much the way I do now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd give it to al-Qaeda.  They'd need it after losing their fearless leader, and I want to keep this senseless killing of Muslims going as long as possible until they are all gone.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#14]
If you got the reward by being sort of a mercenary (just headed over to Afghanistan and capped UBL), then you could take the money from the reward and expand the operation.  Hire some more people, get some good equipment and hopefully some intel capabilities.  Nab more terrorists, more money into the company...

It'd be a dangerous living, but you'd be doing some good.

Or... you could buy several tons of gummi bears.

To each their own...

Viper Out
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Just because it's the way my luck runs, I would probably get the money, then die before I could spend any of it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#16]
$5 mill to the BCPHV.
$20 mill to the 2004 presidential campaign eleciton fund of John McCain.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I've said this before...  I'd rent a large truck, back it up to the doors at a gun show, and fill it up.z
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd take $15 million and endow college scholarships for the following kids:

Kids of enlisted servicemen/women
Kids of firefighters(paid or volunteer)
Kids of cops

I'd take $5 million and endow scholarships for rural kids.

I'd set up a $1 million endowment for the volunteer firefighters and EMT's in my county for training/equipment.

I'd set up a $1 million dollar endowment for the peace officers in my county for training/equipment.

The other $3 million I'd keep because I'm greedy.

Link Posted: 12/15/2001 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Easy. Buy myself a huge RV and a $30,000 bass boat. Cross country trip. Fish every lake I come asross. Bank the rest. That would be a super cool life for me. (My dream)[:)]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Early on Sec Def was asked this question by reporters - the answer is no the military cannot claim the reward.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Now what would "I" do with the money.

First I'd pay-off $15 Million to the Spec Forces guys who held him while I shot him.

Then I'd take my $10 Million and buy a small province in the Afghan that came equipped with (70) virgins and spend the rest of my life living happily ever after.
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder if that 25 mil is tax free...

Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Invest and save half of it and set up trust funds. Use the rest to buy houses on alot of land in the middle of nowhere in the Adirondacks and Montana. Also buy expensive guns and cars, and take exotic fly fishing and hunting trips around the world.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#25]
KILL SOME MORE TERRORISTS.[50] [chainsaw] [frag] [grenade] [heavy] [kill] [pistol] [pyro] [rail] [rocket] [shotgun] [sniper] [uzi] [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Alot of people talk here that they want to kill terrorists but when the chance comes up and with a big incentive nobody acts why? because people enjoy talking out of there ass.
why dont I do it? because that wolud be an expeive plane ticket and I dont know the caves there very well
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey, that reward is still there for the taking right?  I wonder if we could get some expeditionary group together and ride through Afghanistan like Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders?  Man that would be a sight to behold.  Maybe Afghanistan would be a better location for the first annual Black Rifle convention.  Think about it, we could be heros.  Actually, we would probably be more like the group of yahoos that showed up at Amity Ville to catch Jaws.  In any event, I'm sure our boys over deployed over there would be pretty pissed if we swooped in for the kill and took the glory after they had done all of the tracking.  Nutz.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I'd buy a ride on a Russian Souz and spend a week on the ISS.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Picture that reward on some dude in America. I travel very light. Buy when I get there. In 24 hours I'm looking at him through glass. In 48 I'm sorting through his stuff and looking at that stupid look on his face.How do I collect the reward?
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, *none* of my surplus boltactions would have shot-out barrels, or dinged stocks!

I have always liked gorgeous, linseeded walnut...

The blue finish that I would have applied to several of my rifles would make a grown man break down and cry for sheer joy.

I'd give to the CRPA in a televised ceremony.

When I went shooting, I would have gunbearers following me, like a pack of well trained caddies. "Use the No. 4 (T) Enfield, Sahib."
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When I went shooting, I would have gunbearers following me, like a pack of well trained caddies. "Use the No. 4 (T) Enfield, Sahib."
View Quote

Don't forget the "wipers!"  

(If you don't understand, go watch "Coming to America")
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#32]
10mil in the bank to live off the interest,
2.5mil to buy a big chunk of dirt, to build a house and 1000 yard range
4.9mil towards my shooting hobbie (including machine shop)
2.5mil to local LEO and FD funds
5 mil towards pro RKBA funds
.1mil I really want a Humvee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top