Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 6:11:29 PM EDT
As this Holiday Season approaches have you taken the time to reflect on what you are thankful for.........?

No particular order...just one hell of a great package...

....God (OK this one's in order)
....my children (2 girls, 1 boy)
....my wife of 13 years (still a hottie!)
....my job
....good health for my whole family
....our dog
....George Bush in
....Clinton out
....Bill O'Reilly
....our military
....my country
....Police and Firemen

Put all the above in a box and put a ribbon around it, who could ask for more?  Am I missing anything?

[beer]

oh yeah

....beer

[beer] again
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I'm thankful that I'm alive,a year ago this time I was just being released from the hospital, where i had just spent 8 days,5 in intensive care, as a result of me hitting a semi head-on, after I lost control of my pickup on some black-ice, It sure feels good to be alive, I know the good lord was riding with me the morning it happened,I've since fully recovered, (minus some ribs, and my spleen) it's amazing just how quickly one's life can change in the span of a few seconds....Thank You Lord, for letting me live.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
my friends, my cool cousins that i'm going to visit, my dog (who i LOVE) and the atv and other vehicles that get me around.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I am thankful for my wife and son, and for my parents and sisters.  I am thankful for our country, and for the opportunities we've had.
I am thankful for living in the best time ever to be alive on this planet so far.
I am thankful there are those who are willing to sacrifice their comfort and their lives to protect our freedom and our future.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
That i live in the best country on the planet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
This year I'm grateful for my family and friends, for the freedom that we have, and for the hope for the future, that they might carry on with the fight to preserve our second ammendment rights, and succeed where our generation has failed.  [b]GOD BLESS AMERICA[/b]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm thankful that I wasn't injured or killed tonight by my sh*tty ammo KB my FAL at the range.  That is some scary stuff when it happens to you.

Worldskipper
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Me?  Well, aside from (what to Christians is) the real reason for this season -  I, too, am grateful to be alive.  I didn't lose any body parts, but smacked into a pickup that crossed immediately in front of me - impact speed in the area of 45 - 50 mph (I think)  Broke and arm, broke a knee, 2 plates, a nail and a bunch of screws later, I was able to walk back into work after 4 months recovery (a month in the hospital)

More than that, I am grateful  for my wife, who puts up with my crazy ideas, and my daughter, whom I love very much.

And, oddly enough, I'm grateful that my mother passed on earlier this year - she went in her sleep, peacfully, and didn't have to see the events that followed on 9/11.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]
... that I was allowed to live MY life

(Edited to ask. O'Reilly over the Military?)

... WTF?
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I am thankful for the FDCGHs having to live through the economic hell they themselves brought upon this country.

I am thankful for Lon Horiuchi always having to look over his shoulder no matter where he goes.

I am thankful for sleep.

I am thankful for the work of Abdul Alhazred.

Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:29:49 AM EDT
[#13]
living in the USA
family, friends and jake
good health to all
wonderful job
lots of guns and ammo
livin in gods country {TEXAS}!!

[beer]

Link Posted: 12/15/2001 4:23:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I am thankful that God saw to it that I was conceived and born.

That I have experienced life in all its grandeur AND terror.

That I have a wonderful wife and a wonderful 13 mo. old daughter.

That we are all healthy. I don't mean a thing if you can't do a thing.

That I am who I am.

PS: Not to mention I am thankful for friends, dirtbikes, guns of all kinds and pickups.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 4:44:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm thankful that we still live in a land of the free and home of the brave sorta country - I was worried about that for a long time, but following Sept 11, my mind has been set at ease!

I'm thankful for my family at home! I'm thankful that I'm still my Granddaughter Kristin's and my Grandson Garrett's favorite!

I'm thankful for my family here at ar15.com, a wild and wooly group, no doubt, but one that comes together at just the right moments.

I'm thankful for our men and women(!) overseas that are fighting in our name and in our stead. May a Loving and Merciful Father keep them safe in the Palm of His Hand.

I'm thankful that George W. Bush is our President and that God has given him the stature to rise to the occasion of the recent events.

I'm thankful that Albert Gore is...elsewhere.

And I'm most thankful for the very first Christmas present ever given, which happened to be the very best Christmas present ever given, for ever and all times - [b]Jesus[/b].

His Name alone is sufficient to illuminate the Earth.

Eric The(IlluminatedByHimStill)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
... that I was allowed to live MY life

(Edited to ask. O'Reilly over the Military?)

... WTF?
View Quote

I said in no particular order, except I did put GOD first.  To put your mind at ease, IF it was in order the Military would be over O'Reilly.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Four friends died this year. One was 29 and just had a baby. Another was only 23.
I'm very thankful my wife and I are still alive and well...
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm thankful that the Good Lord lets me live my somewhat miserable existence in peace and good health.

I'm thankful things are as good as they are. I KNOW they could be worse!

I'm thankful that there are still enough young people in this world that are smart enough, and brave enough to join the U.S. Armed Forces and protect lazy assholes like myself.

I'm thankful that, if only for a few short days I as well as the rest of the entire country were New Yorkers. And we ALL got to witness how AMAZING this country truly can be in times of tragedy. God Bless the NYPD and FDNY

And I'm especially thankful for EVERY little thing that I/we take for granted every single day!

God Bless The United States of America
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Besides the usual stuff (wife, family, friends, the military, etc.), I'm extremely thankful for all the therapists that are working extremely hard to help my disabled daughter to be able to walk and talk again after a debilitating illness.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#21]
im thankfull for my good friend caffiene
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#22]
1) Being born in this country and all the problems and benefits that that presents
2) having kick ass parents and sibling
3) my grandma is still alive
4) I am not yet an alcoholic, although firearms present a wallet-draining interest.
5) AR15.com
6) I am hanging out with a rather excellent female
7)was able to contribute time to conservation projects and hang out with Trust-ifarians and environmentalists
8) was able to log

Happy Holidays, especially to Imbro.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 2:10:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Family,
Friends,
Health,
Freedom,
and;
proud to be a part of the tradition of ANZAC, as a member of the Australian Military Forces
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:41:00 AM EDT
[#24]
I am thankful for:

Living in the U.S.A
Good Health
Family
Still got my job

God bless America.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:33:17 AM EDT
[#25]
That my wife didn't leave me this year and my new Aimpoint and ARMs mounts that will be sitting under the tree!

AR_Shorty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top