Page / 4
Posted: 11/4/2008 7:55:26 AM EDT

This is an update to this post -
One of my Marines was Killed yesterday  

4 Marines arrested in killing of sergeant, wife

Sgt. Jan Pietrzak and his wife Quianna Jenkins-Pietrzak

Staff and wire report
Posted : Tuesday Nov 4, 2008 10:46:26 EST

RIVERSIDE, Calif. — Four Marines have been arrested for the fatal shootings of a Marine sergeant and his wife in their Riverside County home last month.

The sheriff’s office said Monday that the Camp Pendleton-based Marines ransacked the Winchester home and likely killed the couple for financial gain.

Sheriff’s deputies discovered the bodies of Sgt. Jan Pietrzak, a helicopter mechanic, and his wife Quianna Jenkins-Pietrzak on Oct. 15 after receiving a call from the Marine Corps because the sergeant had not shown up for work. They had been bound and gagged, according to local media reports.

The suspects include Pvt. Emrys John, 18; Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20; Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 20; and Pvt. Kesuan Sykes, 21.

Officials told the Press Enterprise of Riverside, Calif., that a fire had been set inside the home in an apparent effort to destroy evidence.

John, Miller and Cox are being held at Camp Pendleton, the newspaper reported. Darnell was booked at a detention facility in French Valley.

The sheriff’s office says the district attorney’s office has agreed to file murder charges.

Pietrzak, 24, grew up in Poland, moving to the U.S. with his family at age 10, the Press Enterprise reported. His 26-year-old wife, whom he married in August, worked for the county health department.

Pietrzak joined the Corps after the Sept. 11, 2001, and served a tour in Iraq, the newspaper reported. He was assigned to the Third Marine Aircraft Wing at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station,
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the military still pretty strict on background checks and criminal records searching? or has it been relaxed due to the war. Just wondering how thugs got in.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
The suspects include Pvt. Emrys John, 18; Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20; Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 20; and Pvt. Kesuan Sykes, 21.

Hate crime, right?

They looked like a happy couple.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the military still pretty strict on background checks and criminal records searching? or has it been relaxed due to the war. Just wondering how thugs got in.

Its not illegal for gang members to get in the military.  As long as they have no adult arrest record, they are good to go.

Juvy records are sealed, even the military cannot get them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Cocksuckers.

I have nothing else to say.                      
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Can't be a hate crime, sounds like black on white/black.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Hate crime,... fucking scum!
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Convict27, I'm glad they caught these shitbirds. Damn shame they don't make you take the walk of shame in the military anymore, it chaps my ass these punks won't have their EGA's literally torn off their persons.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Biting my tongue REALLY hard right now....

No shit...
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#11]
May the scum responsible for this burn in Hell. After being dragged to death behind a Humvee, that is.

WTF has happened to my beloved Corps!?
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate seeing this shit.  I used to see it NC, but the thing that pisses me off is the suspects go to civilian court, not to a general court martial.  The punishment should be a firing squad after conviction.  There is ZERO room for this kind of barbarity.

I'm not bust'n on recruters at all, but I can't help but think some of the applicants coming into the USMC have less than stellar backgrounds.  More waivers being approved these days by the RSs?  

We had at least five murders in the three years I was in NC (2005-2008).  Disgusting.

I have to wonder what the reason for the murders were?  It will be interesting to find out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#13]
ransacked the Winchester home and likely killed the couple for financial gain

Not a hate crime. (Not that it makes any difference)
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#14]
If they're found guilty of this, then execute them immediately.

HH
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope these guys get their asses handed to them or are taken out back quietly never to be seen again.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As was posted before I am really having to bite my tounge....

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That may be stated in the press release, but I find it hard to believe that they weren't targeted because of their interracial relathionship.  I'm pretty sure that a Marine Sergeant and a county worker aren't flaunting their extravagant wealth enough to make them a target of a home invasion/robbery.  Seems like a hate crime to me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
May the scum responsible for this burn in Hell. After being dragged to death behind a Humvee, that is.

What happened to our beloved Corps?  We SNCOs aren't kicking ass on a daily basis like we're supposed to, that's what.  Junior Marnines are being allowed to run amok without supervision after-hours, and the NCOs and SNCOs don't have their noses in everyone's business like we used to.  Too much time for these yahoos to get into trouble.  If we're going to allow gang members a second chance, then they're going to need constant supervision until they are old enough emotionally to be left to their own devices.  

That means privelages like living off base, off-base liberty, off-base liberty in civilian clothes, marriage, having a car on base, all of it-EARNED.  It'll suck to for the Marines that can handle life like adults for a short time, but it'll keep crap like this from making the headlines with people asking where the hell the supervision is?

My views have changed over time for a reason.  If you question my reasoning, just go to the Jacksonville, NC Mall and look around.  The riff-raff may only be 2%, but they stick out like turds in swimming pools for the rest of the world to see.

Rant mode off....  

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#19]
she is really very pretty. Damn shame. They need to kill them ASAP.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#21]
that is totally fucked up.

coc prevents me from saying any more...
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:24:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That may be stated in the press release, but I find it hard to believe that they weren't targeted because of their interracial relathionship.  I'm pretty sure that a Marine Sergeant and a county worker aren't flaunting their extravagant wealth enough to make them a target of a home invasion/robbery.  Seems like a hate crime to me.

I think it needs to said, just to maintain objectivity here, that we have NO idea what caused this crime to be commited.  It's easy to jump on the most superficial possibility, but spend any time on a major base with young males filled to the brim with testosterone, and shit happens that you just can't make up.  I'm not kidding.

OTOH, I don't discredit the possibiltiy of what is being suggested.  There is tension-especially among younger Marines.  The point is, we don't know for sure until the facts are out, no matter what the Base PAO has to say about it.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Damn can I be the executioner.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#24]
This is bullshit they should shoot these motherfuckers.  I am so sure that race had nothing to do with it Because a Sgt mechanic makes so much fucking money that 4 guys needed to get his loot and split it.  

CoC
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Bull fucking shit.
Having dated a black girl for a while, you get some nasty looks from black guys, especially if she is really good looking.

They killed them because they were an inter-racial couple.  The rest is bullshit.
And one of those fuck sticks is gonna sing.  Not that we will ever hear the truth.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, those names are quite............
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#27]
what happened to Semper fi...?  
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You and I, both.

They really looked happy together. I hope they are happy together now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't know where some of you get the impression that the members of our armed forces are choir boys. They come from all segments of our society and a large percentage come from the lower class. They do violence on one another frequently. Always have. When I was in the USMC for example, at one base in Japan where I was stationed we had a three stabbings, two murders, seven rapes, at least one drug smuggler, several robberies, as well as countless thefts and assaults. Some were Marines against ciivilians many were Marines Vs. Marines.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Let the Marine MP's have the little thuggggz for about five minutes, and then we'll see how badass they think they are...

This is a goddam shame, and those fucking shiteaters will probably walk in 18 months.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#31]
They have just disgraced every corpsman that has ever lived EVER. I was in the service but not the Marines, is there some section where their service can be completely erased? Not just a Dishonorable discharge but literally a complete wiping of their records? As if they had never been in the Corps?? Make these pukes (if guilty) dissappear from the records forever as if they never even existed!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

'Cuz we all know USMC enlisted men are rich...
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it needs to said, just to maintain objectivity here, that we have NO idea what caused this crime to be commited.  It's easy to jump on the most superficial possibility, but spend any time on a major base with young males filled to the brim with testosterone, and shit happens that you just can't make up.  I'm not kidding.

OTOH, I don't discredit the possibiltiy of what is being suggested.  There is tension-especially among younger Marines.  The point is, we don't know for sure until the facts are out, no matter what the Base PAO has to say about it.  

You are correct.   I base my comments on my personal experience and conversations with people more than the "facts" of the case presented in the article.  Having served in the military and having worked in a prison with plenty of gang bangers/criminals, I've had the opportunity to have some real off the wall conversations.  I'll just say that in these conversations the prevailing attitude is that the black community views black woman with white males far worse than they do black males with white woman.  There are, of course, plenty of white folks that have simlar shitty views on interracial relationships.  

I would also wager a guess that there are quite a few crimes commited that do have underlying race issues that never makes it into trial.  The reason being is that hate crimes are pretty damn hard to prove unless they are admitted to by the subject or there is some evidence found that clearly indicates the individual is a racist i.e. Skinehead propaganda and the like.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#34]
For financial reasons...wtf?

Jealous because the white boy got married to a fine looking black girl
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#35]

http://www.myvalleynews.com/images/photos/10-16-08/Pietrzak1.jpg
Sgt. Jan Pietrzak and his wife Quianna Jenkins-Pietrzak

Not a hate crime?!  A white man married a young pretty black woman.  Everyone without a hood over their head knows that this is generally not well received within the black community, especially among young black males.  Obviously, most would just shrug it off rather than resort to violence, even if it still bothers them.

Of course this crime was financially motivated.  I mean, come on!  Everyone knows that a Marine helicopter mechanic makes the big bucks!  

May they both rest in peace.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#36]

In the name of all that is holy? What in the fuck is happening to our country????

Could the septic tank scum that carried out this attack poosibly be gang members who infiltrated the Marines in order to get weapons training?

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Dude I was a Marine for over 14 yrs. When I was at Geiger and then at TBS in Quantico we used to have some big time shit going down in J'ville and the Quantico area.

The simple fact is our USmilitary pulls from society. The bulk are honorable amazing folks. There is that 10%. Unfortunately that 10% is who makes the news.

Semper Fi brother. This has been in the Corps for a long time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Now, I know nothing of Marines, but Ft. Hood is quite literally, just down the road and B1 bombers do low level flight over my house from the base here.

Military guys regardless of branch, do this to each other constantly.  It's life in the hood, just transferred to another location.  

All you guys snorting about the "financial gain" statement "because he didn't make much money".  are really overlooking the fact that they would have killed them for $40 and the CD player.  They don't HAVE to be rich.

It's not mentioned, but i'd lay bets these guys knew the victims, maybe even in the same unit.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct.   I base my comments on my personal experience and conversations with people more than the "facts" of the case presented in the article.  Having served in the military and having worked in a prison with plenty of gang bangers/criminals, I've had the opportunity to have some real off the wall conversations.  I'll just say that in these conversations the prevailing attitude is that the black community views black woman with white males far worse than they do black males with white woman.  There are, of course, plenty of white folks that have simlar shitty views on interracial relationships.  

I would also wager a guess that there are quite a few crimes commited that do have underlying race issues that never makes it into trial.  The reason being is that hate crimes are pretty damn hard to prove unless they are admitted to by the subject or there is some evidence found that clearly indicates the individual is a racist i.e. Skinehead propaganda and the like.

I will add that in all the years of watching and reading the news, have we ever, ever seen a suspect charged with a hate crime when said crime was so-called "black on white"?

The sad reality is, IF a crime is racially motivated and the victim is white, the average consumer won't hear about it because of the incindiary nature of such a disclosure.  Like I said, racial tension among younger Marines is a fact of life.  

If such a crime were admitted to, the ramifications are more than the libs OR the miltary would want to admit to or deal with.  Race relations in the miltary are delicate issue to say the least.  Whether anybody wants to admit it, there is seething hatred just beneath the surface of a some members.

The actual facts will speak for themselves in this tragic case IF the facts are indeed released.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Turn those pieces of crap over to the dead Marine's platoon.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If they're found guilty of this, then execute them immediately.

HH

+ One Million !

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Turn those pieces of crap over to the dead Marine's platoon.

Turn them over to that Mech's flightline shop and they would tear those motherfuckers apart.  We have tools and we know how to use them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#43]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=772071&page=4

Three of the men – Pvt. Emerys John, 18, from Maryland;

Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20, of North Carolina;

and Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 21, of North Carolina

– were arrested by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service and are in the brig at Camp Pendleton.

A fourth man, Pvt. Kesaun Sykes, 21, was booked into the Southwest Detention Center on two charges of first degree murder, home invasion robbery, felony use of a firearm and sexual penetration with a foreign object.

http://www.myvalleynews.com/story.php?story_id=33334
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#44]
During the time I was in, off the top of my head, I can remember at least 5 murders, 3 rapes a lot of drug trafficking and assorted violence and mayhem. Not to even mention the thievery. No one with an ounce of common sense would leave thier valuables unsecured.

All of it Jarhead on Jarhead.

Arfcom tends to put military personell on a pedastel. Those who do this, need to get the fuck over it. The military is just a cross section of the society it serves. There's just as many dirtbags per capita in uniform as not in uniform. The structure of the military helps to keep a lid on the thugs, but it can't always prevent the shitbags from revealing thier true nature at times.

Sucks, but true.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#46]
sexual penetration with a foreign object.

Sure sounds like a "Hate crime" to me, given the totality of the circumstances..

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#48]
3 Privates and 1 Lance?

I don't want to be "that guy", but could this have started with something happening at work?
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Since they were arrested civilly, are they now AWOL?  Sure they can find something to court marshal them for.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Can someone explain to me why the black community would have a problem with a white man marrying a black woman?  After all, wouldn't such a marriage be an indicator of a white man looking beyond color (MLK Jr's dream)?

Good looking couple.  May they find rest and happiness together on the other side of the veil.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top