Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2001 5:43:46 PM EDT
Going up to visit the in-laws for TWO WEEKS over the hollidays. Usually when visiting there I alternate between sitting around the house board out of my skull and driving the golf cart around admiring the wonderfully landsacped golf cources(I cant play-mayby if I had one of the golf ball launchers for my AR.....).
We are driving up this time so I will have a vechile at my disposal. Can anyone suggest some good places not too distant for day hikes? Or maby a outdoor range that dosent limit you to shooting at paper? I know PT city has a paintball field, so I plan on spending at least one day slinging .68 cal paintballs at people , but that still leaves me with a bunch of time on my hands. What do those of you that live in the area suggest?
Hoping to not be board out of my mind this trip,
echo6
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have family in Fayetteville and I'm going out there in January. I love it out there! It's so different from TX. They have trees!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
There used to be a member in Newnan which isn't far from Peachtree City.  I think I have his screen name & email will try to find it for ya.

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Grin , that would be fantastic, I apperecate it.
BTW tell Anti I said Hi.
echo6
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:45:12 AM EDT
[#4]
im on the north side of town about 40min from P-tree city. all the good ranges are north of me yet
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
im on the north side of town about 40min from P-tree city. all the good ranges are north of me yet
View Quote

what he said. chattahoochee natl forest is about 90 minutes north of atlanta. get on 400 or I-75/I-575 and drive. kennesaw mtn natl battlefield park is just past marietta, about 45 mins from atlanta, off I-75. nearest state range i'm aware of is resaca (johns mtn). if youre into history or nature there's plenty to see. might want to check the web for Georgiamountainproductions or Eastman gunshows, too!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I might be able to take a couple guests to RiverBend for some shooting out to 600 yards, during the holiday season. Email me directly. No rapid fire (except highpower style rapids) or FA, just targets. I'm off the whole week of Christmas. This place is north of Atlanta, in Dawson county.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top