Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2001 11:07:13 AM EDT
I recently purchased two of the new Ruger all weather knives. Apparently the maker of these knives, Paragon, violated their contract with Ruger by making these knives in automatic configuration. When I called Ruger customer service, the girl said that they had entered into a contract with Paragon to make a manual opening knife, but Paragon made about 1000 or so automatic opening knives. When Ruger found out about this they told them to cease production. She then offered to BUY THEM BACK FROM ME for what I payed for them! I of course said 'no', since they are now an instant collectable. In other words, the politically correct Ruger has their name on a switchblade knife! Hahaha! Gun Broker has a few on their auction site. I'd snap one up if I were you.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1604840&a=12235587&p=57339353&Sequence=0[/img]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no doubt.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
How much that knife run you?

$50.00- $75.00?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I recently purchased two of the new Ruger all weather knives. Apparently the maker of these knives, Paragon, violated their contract with Ruger by making these knives in automatic configuration. When I called Ruger customer service, the girl said that they had entered into a contract with Paragon to make a manual opening knife, but Paragon made about 1000 or so automatic opening knives. When Ruger found out about this they told them to cease production. She then offered to BUY THEM BACK FROM ME for what I payed for them! I of course said 'no', since they are now an instant collectable. In other words, the politically correct Ruger has their name on a switchblade knife! Hahaha! Gun Broker has a few on their auction site. I'd snap one up if I were you.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1604840&a=12235587&p=57339353&Sequence=0[/img]
View Quote
If you hate Ruger so much, why did you buy something with their name on it?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe not the case here, but dealers can also modify manual knives to "auto".
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe Ruger smoked Paragon on this one. Ruger gets their name on a fine auto knife AND people will think they are collector's items. Great advertising.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe Ruger smoked Paragon on this one. Ruger gets their name on a fine auto knife AND people will think they are collector's items. Great advertising.
View Quote

LOL!

Those shifty eyed bastards!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
After all the work Ruger goes to to make everything nonauto ttrasferrable.like how hard there guns are to fuulauto(rumor)
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#10]
The same reason YOU go to anti-gun McDonalds, Burger King, etc... I pick and choose my battles where I see fit.

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
If you hate Ruger so much, why did you buy something with their name on it?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#11]
      Does your pre-ban have a collapsible stock?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top