Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2001 10:36:42 AM EDT
I heard these guys (HOPLITE) have some Colt M4 uppers. I called to see if they did. I then asked some specific questions such as barrel twist and if the A3 flattop had the RAS numbers. This guy said what's that, so I explained. Then the guy says HEY PAL DO YOUR RESEARCH SOME WHERE ELSE and then hangs up on me. WTF ? My question is. Has anyone here ever had dealings with them?

PS. They do have the M4 uppers just long as you don`t ask any questions. If you are looking for a little abuse I`ve got the number.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't understand why gun retailers feel like it's normal to be uncommonly rude.

I mean, you are pretty much offering them money if they have the patience to take it, but all too often they are just too impatient.

I don't get it.....

Shawn
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, I'll try this one, mainly because Hoplite has been helpful to me in the past, has had what they advertised, and didn't have the bad attitude that, say, R-Guns is *alleged* to have.

While it's possible the guy is having a bad day, or maybe he's just a jerk, it's also possible you may have been the 35th call that day asking a bunch of questions and not buying anything.  Unproductive time on the phone is a money sucking pit for any mail-order business.

Personally, I'd try them again, and if they blow you off then for sure find what you want elsewhere.  If not, chalk it up to a bad day for the other guy.  Hoplite has never had any bad press here from what I can tell, unlike others who clearly could care less about your business.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Guy sounds like an asshole alright.  Should have called the jackoff back and told him to !@#$ himself!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I've ordered stuff from them before, never had a problem.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:08:12 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys have got to be kidding!  HOPLITE has never had any of the stuff that they advertise.  They're a big joke around here.  A good deal in SGN is only valid if not listed by them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Read this link here from Subguns BOI- just more info for the mix:

[url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/inquiry.cgi?read=15803[/url]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a complete Colt M4 upper from these guys and they were extremely friendly and professional. They did exactly what they said and the merchandise was just as represented. It was delivered on time as well.

newb_ushy....you must have rubbed him the wrong way. Or maybe he pegged you as a tire kicker and did not have any more valuable time to waste on you.

I am just curious....did you ever buy one of those Colt M4 uppers or were you just putting the RECON on the guy????????
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#8]
W ouldn't do business with these jerks.

I called them up today to ask a simple question if they had any grey Colt uppers and the response I get from some surly ***hole on the phone said I was wasting his time and hung up on me. I think the proper response would have been we don't stock that item, is there anything else I can help you with.

What poor customer service. I would not recommend anyone do business with that outfit if this is the way they treat someone trying to buy something.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top