Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2001 8:27:33 PM EDT
... found on the Internet

[size=2][i]My brother in-law informed me that this is a new weapon codenamed "the redeemer", like the unveiling of America's Stealth Fighters this mechanism will shock the world by the sheer advances being made in warfare technology by the United States.

He described it as some sort of electro-magnetic "device" that reacts with oxygen, he said it's extremely frightening to witness it in action, it can kill everything within a 1.5 mile radius and was described as un-worldly. I asked him what he meant and he said one word "Nevada" and refused to talk about it any more.[/i][/size=2]

... I've heard of locally deployed microwave "disrupters" that incapacitate a man and make him sick but nothing like this.

... Have you?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I live in Nevada.  We dont take kindly to Herr Goverment testing shit on us.  But I doubt it's real.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
... OK, I know. There's boat loads of nuts out there but look at what this guy had to say when prodded a little more about his "secret".

[size=2][i]You didn't ask the obvious follow up question: If the test was 900 miles south of Hawaii how then do you know it can be effective in caves and nooks? Well, you see, there was a submarine that had surfaced to witness this test, 9 of the 23 deaths occurred in this submarine, 4 were on the surface, 2 below deck (hatch open) and 3 even we're even further below deck. It is the 3 deaths far below deck that were shocking. It appears the release crawled its way through a 1/4 inch hole in the deck plating to get to the 3 men.

Another interesting point about this weapon is that there is very little damage to surrounding structures and no radiation at all, none, zero. However, this being said the weapon itself is left intact offer the release, fully intact, and now you see the difficulty. The weapon must be retrieved after its use, attempting to destroy it might leave to many clues[/i][/size=2]

... Sounds hokie to me. So where do these people get this "intel"? If your interested in reading the article where this exchange is, go to: [url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/589446/posts?page=25#25[/url] (FreeRepublic)
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:45:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Isnt the Redeemer that bad assed gun from Unreal Tournament?  It performs exactly like you have descirbed... It blasts everything in the area.

Sounds like someone needs a dose of reality.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 6:19:02 AM EDT
[#5]
"Yeah, so anyhow, I seen this neat thing, that umm frags like Gods finger with a serious itch, I mean just BAD man..
SO this thing, like pulls stuff from the air, and then chases your ass like pacman, til you just die.."

*Insert bong sucking sounds here, followed by laughing and coughing*

"Dude, got anything to eat"?

Nuff said.
Meplat-
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm putting on my tin foil hat double thick today!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top