Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2001 4:32:09 PM EDT
Today Dick Armey said that he was going to retire at the end of his term.  Leaving the position of House Majority Leader open.  The House Majority Leader is the guy who schedules all the legislation to the floor.  Without his blessing, a bill will never make it.

The good news is Tom Delay is supposed to be moving from Majority Whip to the Majority Leader position.  This is good because yesterday I got a letter from Tom Delay asking my to sign a statement that I didn't want any more gun control.  He was also asking for funds to keep the Republicans in the majority so that they can continue to fight against any gun control.

If the next House Majority Leader will reach out to the public making his stance clear that he doesn't support any more gun control, then I think that it is a pretty good day for gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
refressing, but far from consequencial at this point.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
refressing, but far from consequencial at this point.
View Quote

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=77646[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top