Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2001 1:14:29 PM EDT
FBI warned the State of Texas at noon today that they received word from a foreign country that two individuals are planning to attack a school in Texas in revenge for US attacks in Afganistan.

They know no more than this but they decided to warn the State anyway for the sake of caution.  Governor made a statement a few minutes ago. I just saw it on MSNBC and havent had a chance to look for links.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
[u]Must[/u] be foreigners! Nobody who knows Texas would ever think about attacking a Texas school!

Eric The(RememberTheAlamo?Yes,ButRememberMt.CarmelChurch,Too!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
FBI: Vague Threat on Texas Schools

By CONNIE MABIN, Associated Press Writer

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - State officials and the FBI (news - web sites) warned on Wednesday that they have learned of a vague threat suggesting two people may retaliate against a Texas school for the U.S. bombing in Afghanistan (news - web sites).

But Gov. Rick Perry urged parents to continue sending their children to school.

``The FBI considers it to be a low-level threat. Nonetheless, I believe it's important that school officials are notified and that parents, teachers, administrators and law enforcement personnel are extra vigilant,'' Perry said.

Houston FBI agent Bob Dogium said the threat has not been corroborated and did not specify the school or what form the retaliation might take.

``This is coming to us from a foreign government. We are working with them to try and determine the reliability of it,'' he said.

Dogium said the FBI informed Texas' Homeland Security Task Force, which began informing public school districts, private schools, colleges and universities late Tuesday night.

The state sent an e-mail to the superintendents of Texas' 1,183 school districts Wednesday alerting them of the threat, but classes were not canceled.

``At this point, it may prove to be unfounded, but it provides us all with a good opportunity to review our security and emergency procedures,'' said spokeswoman Debbie Graves-Ratcliffe.

Col. Thomas Davis Jr., director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said Nevada received a similar threat, but that was denied by FBI agents in both Houston and Las Vegas.
View Quote

They are giving this the same creedance as the threat they got against the bridges in California.

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Governor of Texas statement.
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/keye/20011212/lo/gov_perry_downplays_vague_threat_says_texas_schools_are_safe_1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
so is CCW legal on school grounds in TX or anywhere else in the U.S.?

looks like America needs to rethink how we protect ourselves real soon or become unarmed victims.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
[b][red][size=6]The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Anybody wanna buy a bridge?[/b][/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[b][red][size=6]The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Anybody wanna buy a bridge?[/b][/red][/size=6]
View Quote

Dude what is your problem?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Not everyone is glued to the TV.

Many are going out and visiting their gun stores[:)]

The media generated hysteria is driving the sheeple to our side and away from the Brady's
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dude what is your problem?
View Quote

Well, Dude, my first problem is called Mass Hysteria.  Our first case of documented mass hysteria was the Salem Witch Trials.  Next came McCarthyism.  Then we were subjected to a decade of witch hunts for supposed child abuse.  Now, we run around looking for terrorists under ever rock.

My second problem is that this mass hysteria is being used to pass laws that will be used against the American people in the years to come.  Remember that drug laws were intended only for minorities.  Gun laws were enacted to control blacks.  Well, the terrorist laws will be applied to many more Americans eventually.

Feed the hype!  [i]"I heard a valid threat that the terrorists were going to seize the Wendy's on the corner of 3rd and Main street in Peoria, IL this weekend."[/i]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We should all take our AR's and do a neighborly patrol and help. No it's not legal to take a gun to school with ccw in Texas. But we can wait outside.....
[sniper]
View Quote

Calif. gun law says "no gun allowed within 100 yards of a school."

[url]http://www.dallasnews.com/attack_on_america/terror/articles/STORY.eab5bbf528.93.88.fa.7c.6e2981a.html[/url]
FBI investigates threat to Texas schools
AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry said Wednesday the FBI has reported an "unsubstantiated and non-specific terrorist threat" against Texas schools as a result of the U.S. bombing in Afghanistan.
-- see link for story --
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't mess with "TEXAS"......
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#14]
With TX CHL you can walk to the door of a school with a handgun. I know the 1000ft. federal law was repealed but I don't know about TX law.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn.......they should have picked New Jersey, Taxachusetts, Cali, or some other disarmed state........
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Unfortunately, CHL licenses (CCW) are not valid inside schools in Texas.  The ban applies to buildings; parking lots, walkways, etc. are exempt.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#17]
How many Middle-Easterners live in Texas?
If something like that ever happened there, the next morning I guarantee there would be none.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#18]
J_Smith,
to your post I can only add Marin County, California.

Well, I'm gonna have to take a rest as I'm exhausted from being "MASSIVELY HYSTERICAL" - media induced of course.

(Heck maybe I'm a liberal after all - it's someone else fault.)
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Damn.......they should have picked New Jersey, Taxachusetts, Cali, or some other disarmed state........
View Quote

True, but they supposidly picked this because its Bush's home state.

Well we all know what happend with the California bridge episode dont we. This is probably nothing. But hey, if it gets more people to buy guns... a little false alarm now and then never hurt anyone.

And just for a moment entertain the fact that they might be onto a real threat.  Think about what it would mean to catch some one trying to do someting like this...
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#20]
So, anyone willing to admit they kept their kids out of school today?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Feed the hype!  [i]"I heard a valid threat that the terrorists were going to seize the Wendy's on the corner of 3rd and Main street in Peoria, IL this weekend."[/i]
View Quote

Man, I live in Peoria, IL and I can safely say that there is no Wendy's at the corner of 3rd and Main.  In fact, there is no 3rd and Main.

Whew!  I guess we got lucky!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

True, but they supposidly picked this because its Bush's home state.

Well we all know what happend with the California bridge episode dont we. This is probably nothing. But hey, if it gets more people to buy guns... a little false alarm now and then never hurt anyone.

And just for a moment entertain the fact that they might be onto a real threat.  Think about what it would mean to catch some one trying to do someting like this...
View Quote

Guys, could you not try to push these wackos into my state (Taxachusetts). Oh by the way, not all of us are disarmed here.....well at least not yet.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - State officials and the FBI (news - web sites) warned on Wednesday that they have learned of a vague threat suggesting two people may retaliate against a Texas school for the U.S. bombing in Afghanistan (news - web sites).
View Quote

So they didn't mention anything about Houston Middle High, four pounds of C4 and 1:00 pm?

Cool.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#24]
[50]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There is a huge elaborate Mosque less than 1/2 mile from my daughters school.  This Mosque has done nothing patriotic since the 9/11 attacks.  It is obvious what their attitude of the situation is.  People in our community have been trying our best to get the local LEO's to keep an eye on the place.  The mosque has it's own armed security?!?  People come and go at all hours of the night, and they are not dressed for church.  I would bet the farm and then some that there is no good going on behind those doors.  Sure they are not all bad, but you can bet many of them are.  It is a shame that these people have invaded our country and we are powerless to repel them.

Even the newly released OBL tape details the fact that Islamic school and church owners here in the US suppport bin Laden and the attacks on America.

We should have killed bin Ladens family while they were still in Boston.  But nooooo all the damn sheelpe can't see just how bad this situation is.

Kill bin Laden Now.  Quit dicking with one daisy cutter every couple weeks.  Since everyone is too chickenshit to use a tactical nuke...Get the daisy cutters going round the clock, non stop.  Level the entire country...NOW.

I know you Fed's read this, so pass it on to the Daisy Cutter boys at once please!!!
[50]
View Quote

Hmm... you don't suppose the [devil] Eeeeeeeevil Muslims [devil] in that [pissed]Mosque of No Good [pissed] maybe are keeping a low profile and doing furtive things and have armed guards [peep] because they are in the middle of Houston, a city filled with heavily armed igmos (not you) who may take knee-jerk revenge? [whacko] If you are worried about them, try going to talk to them. I think you may find that they are distressingly human, with the same hopes and fears as you. [thinking]

Humbly,
Spearweasel [soapbox]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Trolling for bites...

Hold on, I'm adding a layer to my tin foil hat now...

I don't see any terrorists heading into any American schools...Too many guns there!!![:I]

You have to admit, it's been a long time since I got my troll fix...sorry guys.
[:K]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Trolling for bites...

I don't see any terrorists heading into any American schools...Too many guns there!!![:I]

View Quote

Jeez, AR50, you are a tough crowd. I worked hard on those animated smileys.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trolling for bites...

View Quote

Jeez, AR50, you are a tough crowd. I worked hard on those animated smileys.
View Quote

My post is toast too...

If it's worth anything, your reply did look very cool!

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#29]
pcgod,

No offense......just that here in Maine there is a belief that Massachusetts is home to every tax increase and liberal anti-gun law. My state isn't getting any better though.......you know this if you've seen our politics of late. I have a cousin in Boston but don't think me and my "collection" could ever move there.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Now, we run around looking for terrorists under ever rock.
View Quote

Damm... I didn't look there yet.... later
SSD

Info on Texas CHL
[url]http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/chlsindex.htm [/url]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Our towns schools were one of the ones threatened,via email, had our school supt. on a live shot during the news yesterday. Nobody seemed too concerned. We were already on "heightened alert" status. We are close to the Mexican border.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top