Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2001 8:03:26 AM EDT
I am wanting to get some load bearing gear.  I do not know much about this type of gear, thus here I am asking for the experts advice.  I would like to be able to use parts of the system while hunting, 2 to 3 days in the field, as well as having the ability to carry ar15mags and pistol mags (glock/beretta 92).  Seeing many of the different types (LC-2 and I think LC-3; don't know the difference) on the net and tv, yet I have no clue where to even look for this stuff (belt, straps, packs, canteens, canteen cover, mag pouch, and what ever you guys think may be handy.  Would like to get tan or black color.  Any advice on where to look, what to get, and how to put the system together would be great.

thanks in advance for the help
Iso
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Brad at [url]www.lightfighter.com[/url] is the man as far as LBE is concerned. If he doesn't carry it, it's not worth having. If you want to use it hunting as well as for AR15 set-up, you'll probably want suspenders, a belt and pouches you can put on or take off as the situation dictates.

Brad will hook you up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Try [url]www.soegear.com[/url]
   [url]www.botachtactical.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Try an Army/Navy Surplus store first.  This way you can see/feel what it is you are buying.  You can get all the basic stuff there (belt/harness/canteen&covers/fanny pack/mag pouch) then go to the more expensive sites and pick up the harder to find stuff like black Saw pouches (they hold up to 10 AR mags and are big enough to hold gear that wouldn't ordinarily fit in pockets, but you'd ant to get to without having to go into your butt pack)
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Try an Army/Navy Surplus store first.  This way you can see/feel what it is you are buying.  
View Quote

good advice. i got the korean lbv from tapco sight unseen, and had to modify it to make it work for me. it's ok gear now, but it took several hours to fix. plus they look at men funny at the sewing store. i'd rather see the goods before i fork over the cash.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for all the help guys
Iso
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#7]
If you get a modular vest,  you can configure it however you want, depending on your "mission."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top