Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2001 4:44:59 AM EDT
from: [url]http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2919[/url]

Jesus the Anti-Gunner?

December 12, 2001

KeepAndBearArms.com -- A local publication in Flagstaff, Arizona called "The Flagstaff Tea Party" ran an article this month entitled "Jesus was a radical." The author's name is Lisa Rayner.

The essence of the article isn't so much at issue. The cartoon they ran alongside the article, however, leaves a lot to be desired:

[center][img]http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/JesusBreakingRifle.gif[/img][/center]

I guess she has never heard or read about beating plow into swords.

[red][b][i]Libertas an Mortis![/red][/b][/i]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:49:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will wind up farming for those who didn't!

Eric The(ReadYourBible!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:53:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks more like John Walker than Jesus, to me.

MY Jesus went thru His own temple, THROWING the money changers out, making a whip and beating them, turning over tables.

MY Jesus hung out with people who carried swords.

MY Jesus is gonna return with a sword in His own hand, taking vengeance on those who hated him, and persecuted His followers.

MY Jesus is NOT weak minded enuf to think inanimate objects are capable of either good or evil.

MY Jesus beleived in personal responsibility.

MY Jesus taught that evil is found in the heart - NOT in the barrel of a gun.

MY Jesus is the one you read about in the Scriptures.

THEIR Jesus?? Their Jesus leaves ALOT to be desired.

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Garandman,
I'm not getting into this thread per se.  I just wanted to tell you that your sig line  made me laff till I had an involuntary micturation.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks more like John Walker than Jesus, to me.

MY Jesus went thru His own temple, THROWING the money changers out, making a whip and beating them, turning over tables.

MY Jesus hung out with people who carried swords.

MY Jesus is gonna return with a sword in His own hand, taking vengeance on those who hated him, and persecuted His followers.

MY Jesus is NOT weak minded enuf to think inanimate objects are capable of either good or evil.

MY Jesus beleived in personal responsibility.

MY Jesus taught that evil is found in the heart - NOT in the barrel of a gun.

MY Jesus is the one you read about in the Scriptures.

THEIR Jesus?? Their Jesus leaves ALOT to be desired.

View Quote

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:08:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Garandman, what's that quote you used to use as your sig?  Something along the lines of "He who hath no sword should sell his garment to obtain one".
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:08:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I see "Jesus" making a pretty strong martial arts move as he breaks that wooden shotgun.

Tell me "O Learned HUN" was this prior to ArmaLite inventing the AR-15 ?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey Garandman, what's that quote you used to use as your sig?  Something along the lines of "He who hath no sword should sell his garment to obtain one".
View Quote

Not mine, per se.

And that verse is OFTEN taken out of context. Still, its pretty evident that Jesus advocated self-defense.

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:18:46 AM EDT
[#8]
This topic is a troll for anti-Christians to shout "yipee," and Christians to toss pearls before swine [b](even if the original author didn't intend it as such.)[/b]

What inevitably happens is that people confuse Jesus' teaching regarding the nature of His kingdom with civil authority and citizen responsibility.  [b]There is no conflict or contradiction between these areas.[/b]

I have listened to over four thousand Bible-based sermons, plus thousands of hours reading the Bible itself on my own.  I don't claim to be a Bible scholar.

I have no trouble reconciling:[list][*]the requirement to accept persecution as a Christian (i.e. "turn the other cheek") and [/*][*]performing my duty as head of my home, defending it against lawbreakers who mean harm to myself and my family, and[/*][*]supporting the nation in time of war.[/*][/list]

These are three separate areas for which there is a great deal of Bible teaching to consider.  And the vast majority of serious Bible-reading Christians know this to be true.  The conservative Christian right is a solid defender of the 2nd Amendment.  You might find exceptions to this, but go into any typical evangelical church in America and poll the members, you'll find solid support for the RKBA.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah -

What C_Man said.

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:27:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Tell me "O Learned HUN" was this prior to ArmaLite inventing the AR-15 ?
View Quote

Of course! Armalite's later invention was simply INSPIRED!

Eric The(AndHE'sOnOurSide,Obviously!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Sheeesh... I've been trying to tell you guys all along that I am in fact GOD.

[b]Jesus as an anti?"[/b] -- Now it is written! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey Ed Avila Sr -

Is this site "surge protected?"

I think ONE of our members may be getting a bit of a "shocking" surprise soon!!!!!!!!!!

[:D]

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Since that is actually a picture of John Lennon (circa 1970) I don't really find it suprising.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey Ed Avila Sr -

Is this site "surge protected?"

I think ONE of our members may be getting a bit of a "shocking" surprise soon!!!!!!!!!!

[:D]

View Quote

I'm glad he's miles away from here. The after-shock might be enough to take innocent victims along with him.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont know.

How many other Orthidox Jewish Rabbis are anti-gun?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will wind up farming for those who didn't!

Eric The(ReadYourBible!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

sweet line Eric, may i borrow it; it should be repeated.

Farmer lib
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

So let it be told............
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#19]
[IMG]http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/JesusBreakingRifle.gif[/img]

And Jesus says "WHO THE FUCK RAN THE CAR OVER MY REMINGTON 700!!!"
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Post from Libertoon -
sweet line Eric, may i borrow it; it should be repeated.
View Quote

Borrow it? It's yours for the asking! I found it somewhere, a long time ago, so I don't have any copyright on it!

It does sound good, though, doesn't it?

What was it that Winston Churchill once said about another politician's writings? Something to the effect that:

"I found it both original and good. The only problem was that those parts that were good were not original and those parts that were original were not good."

Eric The(WhenInDoubt,QuoteChurchill!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#21]
if today was back then the angel of death would pack an ar15.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#22]
As a Christian I believe that Jesus is who He says He is...and that is He and The Father are ONE...if You have seen Me, Jesus declared then you have seen the Father..
God is not a pacisfist...in the end all will be judged ..those who have not been written into the Lambs Book Of Life will be (along with the devil and all his rebellious angels) thrown into the lake of fire...all rapist, murderers, adulterers, pimps, corrupt politcians even the simple pridefull who reject the Savior- all manner of evil men will be forever burning in the Lake Of Fire..
Jesus himself was not a pacifist... He told His disciples.." Let him who has no sword sell his garment and go out and buy one"...Jesus himself threw out the money changers beating them with cords he tied together..Jesus also said "He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword-He was imo refering to those who use violence to get their own way, to steal, to hurt for selfish reasons".. Self defense..defense of loved ones, of neighbors, of community, and of country was not only acceptable it is mandatory...Jesus did not condemn the military..He told soldiers.. "To be content with their wages" meaning not to force tribute by the sword.. to line their pockets with ill gotten gain...
God had the Children of Israel take the promised land by force of arms..it was His to give...God also had Moses and company kill those who defied God and His law while crossing the desert... God and therefore Jesus are not pacifist..Prophecy indicates that Jesus came the first time as a "suffering servant" in order to fufill prophecy..His return this time..will herald Jesus as the conquering deliverer..forcefully driving satan and both his demonic and human followers from the earth..If you see a cop in trouble and can bear arms to help..do so... if you or your loved ones are attacked..do whatever it takes to save them...it is a human duty ordained by God..I would still rather be judged by twelve than carried by six..In the end we only have our Maker to face and account to...we are well advised to make that a good accounting
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#23]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/033/Z5/Ng/S2/fg13959.jpg[/img]

This is the new and better one! Sorry for the choice (user name).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top