Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2008 9:25:40 PM EDT
The tip of my shooting finger seems to get cold very easily. Does it mean I need to shoot more or have I shot too much? I believe in paying attention to what my body is trying to "tell" me but I can't figure this one out because this is the first time in my life this has ever happened. Poll coming.

Thanks

SF
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
gloves
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have actally had that happen shooting weak handed
first pad goes numb and cold   think maybe there is a nerve in there that can be pinched
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You are gripping too firmly which is causing a lowered blood flow to your finger tip...   Wear a glove....
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
And on a more serious note....coldness, numbness, poor sensation in the tips of the digits can be a sign of circulatory disease or sequelae of diabetic neuropathy.   See a
doc and have your blood sugar checked.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And on a more serious note....coldness, numbness, poor sensation in the tips of the digits can be a sign of circulatory disease or sequelae of diabetic neuropathy.   See a

What he said.

Frequently it is the ONLY symptom you will experience. And by the time it is diagnosed, permanent damage has been done.

Get it checked out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.

Frequently it is the ONLY symptom you will experience. And by the time it is diagnosed, permanent damage has been done.

Get it checked out.

Blood check less than a month ago - everything was OK, not great, but not bad either.

It is just the one finger tip. The rest of my fingers are fine and my feet sweat like a whore in church.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Shoot more.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I get that when I shoot, but its normal for me.
I broke some bones in my hand, and two of my fingers go numb while shooting.

I can't shoot much at one time because of it.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Shoot more and enjoy yourself...........we're all dying anyway ( just a matter of time ).

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe you need to file on it like Tom Berenger did in Sniper, but seriously if the Doc. checks you out as ok, then you might have reduced blood flow do to pressure being applied somewhere on your arm. Maybe let your hand hang down towards the ground between shots and let gravity draw some blood into it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Does it mean I...have I shot too much?
SF

Does not compute
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top