Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2008 5:45:08 AM EDT
Our country is pretty much done, our "southern friends and neighbors" are fucking us over

Cole Puffinburger's grandfather allegedly stole millions from Mexican meth dealersLA Times
Oct 18, 2008
Ashley Powers
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-kidnap18-2008oct18,0,3617272.story
LAS VEGAS -- Police officials said Friday that a group of men may have kidnapped a 6-year-old boy here this week because his grandfather allegedly stole millions of dollars from Mexican methamphetamine dealers, a violent retaliatory tactic rarely seen north of the border.

Cole Puffinburger -- 48 pounds, nearly 4 feet tall, blond, blue-eyed and wearing silver-rimmed glasses -- was abducted Wednesday by two or three Latino men with "heavy accents" who posed as police officers, tied up the boy's mother and her boyfriend and ransacked their home looking for money.

"They got the attention of an entire nation. We will not stop looking for this child," Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Capt. Vincent Cannito told reporters Friday. The agency is working with the FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Though trafficking-related kidnappings are relatively common in Mexico -- where drug-related violence is blamed for about 3,500 deaths this year -- they rarely occur in the United States, law enforcement officials said.

Las Vegas serves as a way station for drugs headed to the Midwest and California, officials said, and has its own sizable demand for methamphetamine. But traffickers usually seize cars and other assets to recoup money.

On Friday, police named Cole's grandfather, Clemens Fred Tinnemeyer, as a "person of interest" in the investigation. Tinnemeyer, 51, purportedly owed the drug dealers $8 million to $20 million, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Investigators also were looking into whether other family members may have been involved in drug operations.

In a 2001 bankruptcy filing, Tinnemeyer and his wife listed $226,500 in assets and about $329,000 in liabilities. They had three mortgages on their Las Vegas home and tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt.

Tinnemeyer had worked as a carpenter for more than two decades, according to the bankruptcy filing. He and his wife, then a food preparer and custodian at the local school district, made about $3,800 a month.

The bankruptcy filing said that in 2000 an ex-partner had stolen $80,000 in studio equipment from them.

Public records link Tinnemeyer in recent years to businesses named Bomber Records Inc., C&C Weston Inc. and Salita Records Inc.

Tinnemeyer left Las Vegas in May in a beige-and-gold motor home, according to a missing-person flier. When he last contacted a family member, the flier said, he was in Tennessee.

Tinnemeyer's vehicle now is a white 2004 Dodge extended-cab pickup with Mississippi plates, police said Friday.

Cole was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, jeans, black Vans shoes and a black, zip-up, hooded sweat shirt with black, blue and white stars.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like Granpa is a dead man at the earliest opportunity.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"They got the attention of an entire nation. We will not stop looking for this child," Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Capt. Vincent Cannito told reporters Friday. The agency is working with the FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

That kid is in Mexico.  Good luck finding him.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:01:56 AM EDT
[#4]
They found him.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That kid is in Mexico.  Good luck finding him.

Thanks for the good wishes!
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They found him.

Yeah, my point was about the police impersonation, AGAIN
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#7]
So glad they found the little boy safe!
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:36:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Gramps stole $$ from a bunch of Mexmeth's?  Good for him!  Now duck!
Tahiti is nice this time of year.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They found him.

Yeah, my point was about the police impersonation, AGAIN

And, it was the same scenario that 99.9 per cent of police impersonation attacks occur in.   They didn't pick that poor kid and family out randomly.

But, I'm glad it turned out good for the kid.   I really didn't think it would.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/javaks/ncfom.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I saw this thread.

Well grandpa, I'd be learning how to fake your own death if I were you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Grampas a ded man walking. supposedly these kidnappings happen all the time in Mexico. If it was no for the media attention the kid would never be found. when 1 police dept is looking for him,who cares. When a nation is looking for him,it a big deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top