Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2008 4:13:51 AM EDT
http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1597

McCain slowly gains on Obama

UTICA, New York - Republican John McCain continued a slow advance on Democrat Barack Obama in the race for President, moving back within three percentage points as the race begins to head down the stretch run, the latest Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking poll shows.

McCain now trails Obama by 2.7 points, down from the 3.9 point deficit he faced 24 hours earlier.

Seven-point-one percent of the likely voters surveyed said they remain undecided.

Obama lost five-tenths of a point from yesterday's report, while McCain gained another six-tenths of a point. It was the third consecutive day in which Obama's numbers slipped and McCain's numbers increased.

McCain has once again moved above 45% support overall, a mark he has not seen since the second day of daily tracking reports. Obama's slip under 48% support is the first time at that level in nearly a week. He now stands within one-tenth of a percent of where he stood when the Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking began almost two weeks ago. McCain is within two-tenths of a percent of where he was when the tracking poll began.

During the 13 days of the tracking poll, Obama has led by as much as 6.2 points and as little as 1.9 points.

Except for a few hours of polling, this three-day rolling average of telephone polling now includes a sample taken entirely after the final presidential debate last Wednesday.                    

The tracking poll includes 1,211 likely voters across the country who were surveyed between Oct. 16-18, 2008, at the rate of about 400 per day. The survey, conducted using live telephone interviewers calling from Zogby's call center in Upstate New York, carries a margin of error of +/- 2.9 percentage points.

McCain made a big move Saturday among independent voters, cutting's Obama lead from 16 points to just 8 points. Now, Obama leads by a 46% to 38% margin, with the balance of independents either unsure or supporting someone else. McCain's strong performance at the Alfred E. Smith charity dinner in New York City Thursday, combined with his appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman Thursday night, may have had a positive effect. Other Zogby polling has recently shown that independent undecided voters tend to prefer consuming their politics in such entertainment venues. Obama was also praised for his performance at the Alfred E. Smith dinner.

Both candidates have remained strong among their political bases - McCain wins 90% of Republicans, compared to 88% of Democrats who support Obama.

Men are now, again, tilting very slightly in favor of McCain, who leads by just two percentage points among the group. Among women, Obama leads, but only by six points.

Obama continues to win 18% support among conservative voters, while McCain wins only seven percent among liberals. Among moderates, a demographic that includes substantially more Democrats than Republicans, Obama leads, 61% to 33% for McCain.

Among those who consider themselves investors, McCain retains a small, four-point lead - helpful but no where near as large a margin as Republican George W. Bush enjoyed over his Democratic rival four years ago.        

This daily tracking telephone poll will continue each day until the Nov. 4 election. With each new day of responses that are folded into the poll, the oldest third of the survey is removed, so the poll "tracks" changes in voter attitudes following events and developments in the race. Keep up-to-date every day by visiting www.zogby.com.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:16:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope Obama stays up in the polls so his lazy base stay home on election day.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:22:24 AM EDT
[#2]
There will be much wailing and gnashing of grillz Nov 5.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There will be much wailing and gnashing of grillz Nov 5.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:36:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hope Obama stays up in the polls so his lazy base stay home on election day.

You know, it just occurred to me that, while the MSM may think that publishing inflated polls regarding Obama  would suppress the Republican vote because it would make them think all is lost - it might actually suppress the Obama vote by making them over confident - someone who is an Obama supporter may say to himself - "My man Obama is so far ahead, I don't need to go out a vote"
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:36:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Unpossible.
Obama is already picking out the new White House china pattern:
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Unpossible.
logo.cafepress.com/7/5813.4711777.jpg?r=633379013693366250

I for one could not stand having John Kerry as Secretary of State - which is who Obama has chosen for that position
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:38:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Peak obama has passed.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unpossible.

I for one could not stand having John Kerry as Secretary of State - which is who Obama has chosen for that position

Are you serious?
If that moron chooses Kerry as Secretary of State, Al Queda us going the party like it's 1999.
Our only hope is, the hookers and blow take out at least some of them.

I gotta order a few more lowers for the back of the safe.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:09:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unpossible.

Are you serious?
If that moron chooses Kerry as Secretary of State, Al Queda us going the party like it's 1999.
Our only hope is, the hookers and blow take out at least some of them.

I gotta order a few more lowers for the back of the safe.

It gets even better, I saw the same article and it had Chuck Hagle for SECDEF.......
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#10]
What about Colon Power?  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#11]
bump for the day crew
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What about Colon Power?  

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What about Colon Power?  

His endorsement is NOT a game-changer. Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like the media is getting it wrong as usual or just trying to steer it their way. Every poll I've voted in McCain is leading.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Certain Obama supporters are already spending their reparation checks. Gonna stick it to "The Man".
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder how close it would be (if) they had purged all the rolls of those "fraudulent" Obama voters?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top