Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/18/2008 10:33:07 PM EDT
Ok.  So my girl and I are out at our favorite local bar, and lo and behold, all of a sudden a motherfucking cockroach crawls onto the bar.  I kill it and take it over to the owner, who I know because we're regulars, and tell him.  He tries to pass me some bullshit about it being a baby palmetto bug, and basically blows me off.  BULLSHIT.  I'm no dumb fucking Florida cracker, I know the difference between a motherfucking German Cockroach and a palmetto bug, and that was no goddamn palmetto bug.  It was a fucking cockroach.  Not 10 minutes later, I pour another beer from the pitcher, and holy shit, there's a fucking dead bug in it!  I take it over to the owner, this time very pissed off, and he again blows me off, and says he'll take 1 beer off of my tab.  WTF???   I don't know, but if it were me running that place, that person wouldn't pay a cent that night, and I'd have every bug company in the tri-county area there to take care of it, ASAP.  I don't know, but bugs in my food/drink are TOTALLY FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE.

So my girl and I leave.  We get back home, and the guy across the street who is a trucker, is idling his semi AT 2 IN THE FUCKING MORNING!  I know they need to be run, admittedly I don't know why, but still.  IT'S 2 AM!!!!  DON'T RUN THE FUCKING LOUD ASS 1000 HORSEPOWER DIESEL ON A RESIDENTIAL STREET!!!!  

I guess the world has gone off the deep end.  Either that or I have.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:34:29 PM EDT
[#1]
He was probably asleep in it...FL has a lot of bugs...
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]
You obviously didnt drink enough before the roach incident.

You really need to chill. See a medical professional and seek psychiatric drugs.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it's just you...by the way you're typing.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck that shit, I think I deserve a bar where there's no cockroaches.  I think everyone deserves that.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Fuck that shit, I think I deserve a bar where there's no cockroaches.  I think everyone deserves that.  

It's a bar. Alcohol is a disinfectant.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
A "palmetto" bug is just a variation of cockroach, as is a "waterbug". They are just big fricken huge American coackroaches.

You need to upgrade your hangout and your domocile.

What does your girlfriend look like?

Overweight, tattooed, missing some teeth?

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Get back on your meds.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#9]
A month ago I went to my favorite Chinese take out place, ordered and while i was waiting a roach walked casually across the molding on the wall. Walked right past me.

I told the cook about it in hopes of getting a few bucks off the meal or a free drink and he said without a hiccup. "dat normal. Pay no attention."

It was a moment of pure disbelief. I was speechless really. Part of me was saying thats disgusting if its normal, the other half was cracking up that it didn't phase him a bit.

The Mongolian beef was awesome as usual.

Got a cool picture of it on my phone. Ah, Memories.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A "palmetto" bug is just a variation of cockroach, as is a "waterbug". They are just big fricken huge American coackroaches.

Mods, would saying go fuck youself be a coc violation?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#11]
When Obama becomes president, he'll propose a constitutional amendment to ensure your right to a clean bar, free beer, and quiet residential neighborhoods.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#12]
You're wound a little tight for living, friend.

The USDA has a whole book full of "acceptable" levels of bug parts, rocks, sticks, bug shit, and other foreign objects in flour, peanut butter, rice, etc.  

It won't kill you.  

Its my view that a little dirt in the younger years is one of the things that builds up our resistance to things like allergies, etc.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh give me a motherfucking break.  All it is is a little common decency.  Not to have the proprietor of an establishment blow me off when a roach runs out at me, and not to have a goddamn diesel engine idling in front of my house at 2 AM.  I know since I don't have a 20000000000+ post count, I can't be agreed with or taken seriously, but come on.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mods, would saying go fuck youself be a coc violation?

About as compliant as me asking the mods if calling you a Douche Nozzle would be okay.

To your original question. It is just you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#15]
There is no need for your neighbor to let his truck tractor run.

Your neighbor is a dumbass. A lot of truck drivers are dumbasses.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You're wound a little tight for living, friend.

The USDA has a whole book full of "acceptable" levels of bug parts, rocks, sticks, bug shit, and other foreign objects in flour, peanut butter, rice, etc.  

It won't kill you.  

Its my view that a little dirt in the younger years is one of the things that builds up our resistance to things like allergies, etc.  

I know that there's a little bit of all that shit in everything that everyone eats, it's impossible to totally eliminate.  And I've eaten enough bugs and dirt in my time to be impervious to many a bacteria.  But I don't PAY my hard earned money to go to a place and get an entire living cockroach coming to say hello.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Oh give me a motherfucking break.  All it is is a little common decency.  Not to have the proprietor of an establishment blow me off when a roach runs out at me, and not to have a goddamn diesel engine idling in front of my house at 2 AM.  I know since I don't have a 20000000000+ post count, I can't be agreed with or taken seriously, but come on.

What are we supposed to tell you?

Look, you did what anyone would do at the bar: You voted with your feet.   If enough people are creeped out by the bugs, (as opposed to the 300 or so human meat sacks coughing and breathing on each other), then he'll have to do something better to get business back.

As for the trucker, there's an old saying:  IF you can't change it, you do well in learning to ignore it.  

Getting all wound up like this is BOUND to be a problem with your lady.   No one likes all that piss and vinegar all the time.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#18]
when you get a straight fastball it's easy to hit a homerun.

So your girl is the new American Standard after all.

Now for you to get the new American Standard kid, she will need to develop a case of jungle fever.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are we supposed to tell you?

Look, you did what anyone would do at the bar: You voted with your feet.   If enough people are creeped out by the bugs, (as opposed to the 300 or so human meat sacks coughing and breathing on each other), then he'll have to do something better to get business back.

As for the trucker, there's an old saying:  IF you can't change it, you do well in learning to ignore it.  

Getting all wound up like this is BOUND to be a problem with your lady.   No one likes all that piss and vinegar all the time.  

You're right, I did vote with my feet.  And I don't usually get wound up like this, I spent the whole day with my lib family trying to get them to see the light and I guess it just all built up.  Plus the pitcher I drank before that is probably not helping the situation.  But for people to take digs at my lady and saying I have psychological problems is a bit much.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Now for you to get the new American Standard kid, she will need to develop a case of jungle fever.

COC prevents a full reply, but it suffices to say that if you said that to me in person, bad things would happen.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#21]
loltag

eta For the record any visible creature/creatures/creature parts in your beer is unacceptable. The bar owner should have handled it better, customer service, blah, blah, blah. I'm guessing that he doesn't care about your business. I would never go back there. I know for a fact that my g/f never would.

The trucker neighbor...well, who the fuck knows why he did what he did. Probably not doing it to rev you up, maybe getting ready to make a run, maybe had to get the reefer going, perishable goods, who knows?

But it's still a funny thread.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

COC prevents a full reply, but it suffices to say that if you said that to me in person, bad things would happen.

You would post another topic bitching like you did this time?

You gonna talk or shoot?

Harden up
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
A month ago I went to my favorite Chinese take out place, ordered and while i was waiting a roach walked casually across the molding on the wall. Walked right past me.

I told the cook about it in hopes of getting a few bucks off the meal or a free drink and he said without a hiccup. "dat normal. Pay no attention."

It was a moment of pure disbelief. I was speechless really. Part of me was saying thats disgusting if its normal, the other half was cracking up that it didn't phase him a bit.

The Mongolian beef was awesome as usual.

Got a cool picture of it on my phone. Ah, Memories.

Was the Mongolian beef crunchy??????
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Get back on your meds.

Or Double the Dose...
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

So go to a different bar, problem solved.  See how easy that was.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#27]
So I'm supposed to take attacks on my woman, and smile while I do?    Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Just testing you. You pass the all American true bred redbone test.

As in you are a redbone.

you do understand that, being where you are from.

Oh wait, you threatened me, now I'm scared!

OBAMA!!!!!!

I'm guessing you go beserk everytime you see food eh?

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Ok.  So my girl and I are out at our favorite local bar, and lo and behold, all of a sudden a motherfucking cockroach crawls onto the bar.  I kill it and take it over to the owner, who I know because we're regulars, and tell him.  He tries to pass me some bullshit about it being a baby palmetto bug, and basically blows me off.  BULLSHIT.  I'm no dumb fucking Florida cracker, I know the difference between a motherfucking German Cockroach and a palmetto bug, and that was no goddamn palmetto bug.  It was a fucking cockroach.  Not 10 minutes later, I pour another beer from the pitcher, and holy shit, there's a fucking dead bug in it!  I take it over to the owner, this time very pissed off, and he again blows me off, and says he'll take 1 beer off of my tab.  WTF???   I don't know, but if it were me running that place, that person wouldn't pay a cent that night, and I'd have every bug company in the tri-county area there to take care of it, ASAP.  I don't know, but bugs in my food/drink are TOTALLY FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE.

So my girl and I leave.  We get back home, and the guy across the street who is a trucker, is idling his semi AT 2 IN THE FUCKING MORNING!  I know they need to be run, admittedly I don't know why, but still.  IT'S 2 AM!!!!  DON'T RUN THE FUCKING LOUD ASS 1000 HORSEPOWER DIESEL ON A RESIDENTIAL STREET!!!!  

I guess the world has gone off the deep end.  Either that or I have.  

Guess What??

The World IS Crazy...

And Guess what else??

It's only the Beginning!!  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
So I'm supposed to take attacks on my woman, and smile while I do?    Fuck that noise.

Dude.  Its the internet.  You are taking it more serious than necessary.   This forum in particular is over the top sometimes.   Don't sweat it.   Its just words from strangers.   Half the guys giving you shit will roll up to sleep with a sock and some jurgens.   The other half of us are either divorced, dating sporadically, or constantly finding themselves dating "the crazy."     A fair number (but fewer than you'd think) have perfectly happy relationships.   Count yourself luck if your'e one of them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

No. You shouldn't take that from these people. My recommendation: Attempt to disengage, but remember to blade at a 45 degree angle for best results.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

As in you are a redbone.

OBAMA!!!!!!

For the record, I'm from New Jersey.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. You shouldn't take that from these people. My recommendation: Attempt to disengage, but remember to blade at a 45 degree angle for best results.

This thread is a prime example of what happens when OP blades at 44 degrees.

Outcome not so good.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice knowin' ya....

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As in you are a redbone.

OBAMA!!!!!!

The cockroach is your state symbol.

The smell of diesel should keep you from smelling your city.

I think you are very lucky.

+1 if you found a girl without scabs or crabs.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This thread is a prime example of what happens when OP blades at 44 degrees.

Outcome not so good.

Next thing you know, he'll try and over achieve and blade at 46 degrees and totally fuck shit up.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude.  Its the internet.  You are taking it more serious than necessary.   This forum in particular is over the top sometimes.   Don't sweat it.   Its just words from strangers.   Half the guys giving you shit will roll up to sleep with a sock and some jurgens.   The other half of us are either divorced, dating sporadically, or constantly finding themselves dating "the crazy."     A fair number (but fewer than you'd think) have perfectly happy relationships.   Count yourself luck if your'e one of them.

I understand what you're saying, I really do.  But who the fuck are these people to making comments like that?  I certainly wouldn't make statements about anybody's personal lives like that.  And yes, I do count myself as one of the lucky ones.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

dude, i would be pissed if there was bugs crawling all up in my food/drinks. i would raise holy hell too, and a semi on the street? fuccckkk that shit..

oh and dont take these guys seriously on here when they zing ya, its all in good fun, stay and enjoy the site.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As in you are a redbone.

OBAMA!!!!!!

Ever been to Central Jersey??  No?  Then don't say shit about it.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I understand what you're saying, I really do.  But who the fuck are these people to making comments like that?  I certainly wouldn't make statements about anybody's personal lives like that.  And yes, I do count myself as one of the lucky ones.  

WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY?

But the real question is....Who Are You?

They are nobody as they can't affect your life in anyway unless you let them but you are letting them.

Flipping the fuck out over imaginary internet people is kinda.....well....they make pills for it.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
There is no need for your neighbor to let his truck tractor run.

Your neighbor is a dumbass. A lot of truck drivers are dumbasses.

Ooo now this is getting good.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As in you are a redbone.

OBAMA!!!!!!

Yep I've been there, and don't talk to your daddy like that junior.

I would of used a rubber, but there was a cockroach on it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY?

But the real question is....Who Are You?

They are nobody as they can't affect your life in anyway unless you let them but you are letting them.

Flipping the fuck out over imaginary internet people is kinda.....well....they make pills for it.

I know.  And as soon as I'm signed off of here, I'll forget all about the resident GD wolfpack.  But while I'm here, I won't stand for it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As in you are a redbone.

OBAMA!!!!!!

Really?  Well since you're the expert, where did I grow up?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As in you are a redbone.

OBAMA!!!!!!

Really?  Well since you're the expert, where did I grow up?

Obviously a truck stop restroom since you hate roaches and tractors
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#50]
MrClean is just baiting you. He's very good at it. In fact you could say he's mastered it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top