Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2008 3:22:19 PM EDT
I hired a reputable company to tear out my existing (rotting) deck and pour a decorative stamped concrete patio in its place. I wanted a compass pressed into it for a design element. The crew that came out was comprised of 4 white dudes and 3 Mexicans. By the time I got home, the Mexicans were the only ones left. They said they got a compass out and checked which direction was North but, well, we all know that isn't true.

I'm going to have them grind down the "NSEW" on the compass and either leave it blank, or get some solid brass or copper letters and affix them to the concrete.

Bonus followup: The guy who came today to put a decorative stain and sealer on the concrete said "Were they Mexican? It's not like they don't know how to find North..."
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Bonus followup: The guy who came today to put a decorative stain and sealer on the concrete said "Were they Mexican? It's not like they don't know how to find North..."

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Mexifail! lol cool idea though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Mexican't.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTPCP (In before the PC police)
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I hope it doesn't come to that! It's all true!
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you give them a compass to work with? WTF did you expect?

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want it done right...
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Didn't ya hear....West is the new North!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Didn't ya hear....West is the new North!!!

North East. At least, that's where most of our liberals came from.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They can piss off. If they are from Mexico, they are Mexicans, not latino Amerians, not Spanish Americans.  Everyone wants to have a cool name attributed to them, thinking that will do away with sterotypes, in the end it does not.  There is ususaly a reason behind sterotypes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice patio, btw.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Not going to say it. Nope.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DEE-DU-DEE!
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Think about it for a second.  It makes perfect sense.

Most cross border traffic from Mexico is going north, and generally during, and after, the sun sets.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I hired a reputable company to tear out my existing (rotting) deck and pour a decorative stamped concrete patio in its place. I wanted a compass pressed into it for a design element. The crew that came out was comprised of 4 white dudes and 3 Mexicans. By the time I got home, the Mexicans were the only ones left. They said they got a compass out and checked which direction was North but, well, we all know that isn't true.

img524.imageshack.us/img524/3141/mexifaildj8.jpg

I'm going to have them grind down the "NSEW" on the compass and either leave it blank, or get some solid brass or copper letters and affix them to the concrete.

My shower has two "c" knobs, I assume one for cold and the other for calliente.  You are not alone, my friend.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Nice patio, btw.

Yeah, except for the compass which, when unearthed 5,000 years from now, will lead conspiracy theorists to believe that there had been a catastrophic polar shift, causing multiple message board posters to respond with pictures of tin foil hats.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#22]
magnetic north versus true north versus standing to close to a metal object versus reading said compass right etc etc...

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#23]
So, drag the company back and have them fix it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Oh they'll be back. I have $2000 more to pay them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh they'll be back. I have $2000 more to pay them.

MEXI-REFUND

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#29]
you sure they didn't move your house to the south pole?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Shit happens.......
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#32]
HAAHAAA!! very nice post!
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#33]
A friend of mine was having a very nice house being built by one of our lakes, and he ended up having to take half a day off of work each day to check how things were going - more than once he had to make the contractor tear something down and rebuild it right.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Tell them to head west (by their compass).
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Mexican't.

Those are Hussein's and McAmnesty's future American citizens you're talking about!
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL +1 - OMG that is hilarious...
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They can piss off. If they are from Mexico, they are Mexicans, not latino Amerians, not Spanish Americans.  Everyone wants to have a cool name attributed to them, thinking that will do away with sterotypes, in the end it does not.  There is ususaly a reason behind sterotypes.

No doubt! I'm hispanic but 100% AMERICAN! I freakin' hate illegals. To the OP,that would have been funny as hell if didn't happen to you.
I could just see those assholes arguing about where North is! All scratching their asses and finally sayin"Orale! Iss almos 5 mang! Less go!"
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread is the funniest thing I've read all week.

Thank you for sharing.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No doubt! I'm hispanic but 100% AMERICAN! I freakin' hate illegals. To the OP,that would have been funny as hell if didn't happen to you.
I could just see those assholes arguing about where North is! All scratching their asses and finally sayin"Orale! Iss almos 5 mang! Less go!"

The way I see it, Mexicans are American, America is a continent, not a country. I just get tired of the PC bullshit because someone thinks it will hurt someone elses feelings.  We are bringing up too many kids that can not deal with real life, because they were raised in a society that makes excuses for everyones faults, instead of pointing them out, and telling the person to fix their shit.

If its outside of your control, thats one thing, but I see some heavy weights at walmart using the motorized scooters, that are capable of walking, they walked into the store, but want to cruise around in comfort while they are in the store.  WALK DAMIT! Don't tell me you have an eating disorder, thats fucking obvious. Fix it.  I am not skinny by any means, but if my weight gets in the way of me walking more than a mile, or interferes with my work, I fix it quick, fast, and in a hurry.

well, thats the end of that rant.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

img524.imageshack.us/img524/3141/mexifaildj8.jpg

with annual planetary delineation...it will be correct in approx. 1100 years.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Amigos,

That was some funny shit.  Should have asked them, En donde el Rio Grande?  Rio Grande is por aca (and then point North).  They might have gotten it then.

Christ.  Pinche Mamons.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Mexican't.

Perfect time for a perfect quote!
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude...

Your post reminds me of when I did detail work at a car wash. I was busting my ass trying to get a car out by when it was promised when the black guy I worked with strolled over and sat down in the seat next to me. He calmly looked over and said "Slow down man, ain't nobody tryin to be supa****** up in here.".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top