Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2001 10:03:58 AM EDT
And I'm not talking about the rock formation in New Hampshire, but the great, great, great Granddaddy of Osama Bin Ladin, himself: Hasan-bin-Sabah, the 11th Century AD Islamic terrorist.

Hasan-bib-Sabah had his Alamut, as Osama has his Tora Bora Mountain, within which he and his followers took refuge from their enemies.

And what were his followers like? Here's a nice little scene from someone's encounter in the Valley of Paradise:

"Two men in the year 1092 stood on the ramparts of a medieval castle - the Eagle's Nest - perched high upon the crags of the Persian mountains: the personal representative of the Emperor and the veiled figure who claimed to be the incarnation of God on earth. Hasan, son of Sabah, Sheikh of the Mountains and leader of the Assassins, spoke: 'You see that devotee standing guard on yonder turret-top? Watch!'

"He made a signal. Instantly the white-robed figure threw up his hands in salutation, and cast himself two thousand feet into the foaming torrent which surrounded the fortress.

"'I have seventy thousand men - and women - throughout Asia, each one of them ready to do my bidding. Can your master, Malik Shah, say the same? And he asks me to surrender to his sovereignty! This is your answer. Go!'"

...from A History of Secret Societies, by Arkon Daraul.

For an excellent website on this fellow go here: [url]http://www.phinnweb.com/neuro/assassins.html[/url]

Whenever you get the chance.

Eric The(PurveyorOfLostWorlds)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of him.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Heck, even Betty Boop had a run-in with the Old Man of the Mountain - see [url]http://www.heptune.com/oldmanbb.html[/url]

I distinctly remember the old Cab Calloway song being redone to match the actions of the characters in this cartoon.

Kinda scary for those times.

Eric The(CondemnedToNeverForget)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
yes he was only defeated twice, once by the Knights Templar and once by the Mongols.  
HAHAHA the first from my Father's side of the family and the second from my mother's side...
The old man also was a major user of Hashish, he would get his nocvices stoned and brain wash them into thinking they had gone to paradise.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#5]
When did the Knights Templar defeat the Assassins?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought they made a pact with the Assasins to unite against the Mongols. I could be in err there.
Let's call it what it is: The Nineth Crusade.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
yes he was only defeated twice, once by the Knights Templar and once by the Mongols.  
HAHAHA the first from my Father's side of the family and the second from my mother's side...
The old man also was a major user of Hashish, he would get his novices stoned and brain wash them into thinking they had gone to paradise.
View Quote

this is where we get the word "assassin", from "hashishin". got to watch out for those druggies, as any cop who's had to deal with a pcp user can attest.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
the great, great, great Granddaddy of Osama Bin Ladin, himself: Hasan-bin-Sabah, the 11th Century AD Islamic terrorist.

Hasan-bib-Sabah

Yes, he pumped gas into my car yesterday.

Watch!'

"He made a signal. Instantly the white-robed figure threw up his hands in salutation, and cast himself two thousand feet into the foaming torrent which surrounded the fortress.

Dude! This is just a rip off the Conan the Barbarian!  And James Earl Jones wasted a pefectly fine hottie girl at that.  Osama gives me gas.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Is he related to the man on the silver mountain?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#10]
sounds a little like Massada, thanks for the read.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Hasan-Bin-Sabah?...Hasan Bin Sabah?.....thats the m#therf####r who wouldn't super size my Double Whopper Value meal!
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#13]
As usual shotar, your thinking is way out in front!

Thanks for reading the thread!

Yes, and I certain that Osama is going to be the next Old Man of the Mountain, especially so if he escapes the trap he's in now!

Eric The(OldWivesAreGenerallyToBeTrusted)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#14]
No, I have not heard of him.  However, I used to pal around with one of his relative.  If I remember correctly his name was Hardly Been Sober.  We spent a whole week looking for his brother who owns a cab and is a part time writer.  He was trying t sell his book: Ali Baba and the 101 dalmations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top