Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2008 10:32:49 PM EDT
It is safe for kids to be in my presence in PA, not sure about the other 49 ( or is it 56? ) states.

Had to get this for a high school football field we are going to install, not sure when that is though.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
So, when did you stop beating your wife?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thinking about a career as a kids party clown?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thinking about a career as a kids party clown?

forgot to add what it was for in the original post.

now that you mention it, handing out candy in the park from a windowless van  sounds like a career.

No, I work for a company in the north/north east installing Artificial turf, and we all had to pass a background check to work on a high school field in Lock Haven, PA.

I Do that for 3/4 of the year, and work as a machinist when I am off.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So, when did you stop beating your wife?

The day she ran off with a delivery guy from work

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
So does this qualify you as a parent? If so how often is it required to be renewed?

Incredible!! We know what kind of philosophy requires this shit.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So does this qualify you as a parent? If so how often is it required to be renewed?

Incredible!! We know what kind of philosophy requires this shit.

No, not a parent.  And I was joking bout the (soon to be ex)wife beating, never once did I even slap her. Any man that raises a hand to a woman needs to be beatdown on the spot.

Not sure how often it needs to be renewed, cost $10, but the company covered that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to get one of those to work as a therapist with teenagers in a rehab.   Its a fun little bit of paper, especially when you see other people's come back with allegations and determinations like "unfounded", and "Indicated"
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had to get one of those to work as a therapist with teenagers in a rehab.   Its a fun little bit of paper, especially when you see other people's come back with allegations and determinations like "unfounded", and "Indicated"

Yeah, they wanted the names, age, relation of everyone I have lived with since 1975, Every address since 1975, and some other info.

I belive they do a domestic violance check also. I cant remember everything on the original form, but I belive its a PBI and FBI check.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#9]
At least the government is there to tell you that your kids are safe with you. Rest easy
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
At least the government is there to tell you that your kids are safe with you. Rest easy

Yeah, no kidding.  I guess if I had kids, and they went to that high school, it would be nice to know that there are not scumbags working on school grounds.  Not sure that i like the idea that the GOV has enough info on me to decide that I am safe to be around kids, or guns for that matter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top