Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2008 6:04:13 PM EDT
I got back from an art show that the wife had entered a painting in. Let me state first that I attended the event for her and only because of her. I felt like a turd in a punchbowl. I was so out of place it wasn't funny. There were plenty of wierdo's to talk to, but I'd bet none of them have ever seen, much less fired a gun. The wife was very pleased with my attendance in support of her efforts. I expect some serious pie in return for this unnatural event I experienced. I've been on the wagon for a month and a half, til tonight. I started out drinking coffee, but switched to Merlot (it was the only alcoholic beverage, dammit!) after the first hour. Gawddammit, I'm hitting the Jack Daniels after this experience! Only liquor and pie can heal this affront to my natural instincts. Would you have endured such an experience for a woman? Oh yeah, 21 years married. Just so you have all the facts.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
21 years?

Its part of the job.

Deal with it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What was the art like?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What was the art like?

Mostly bad, Some of the sculpture was pretty good though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]

What is this ART you speak of?  I am unfamiliar with these ways...

Good for you, doesn't hurt us to experience both sides of the fence...I doubt if those in attendance could say
the same. Support your wife and encourage her talents you will reap her rewards...

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got back from an gun show that the wife had entered a gun in. Let me state first that I attended the event for her and only because of her. I felt like a turd in a punchbowl. I was so out of place it wasn't funny. There were plenty of wierdo's to talk to, but I'd bet none of them have ever seen, much less fired a gun. The wife was very pleased with my attendance in support of her efforts. I expect some serious pie in return for this unnatural event I experienced. I've been on the wagon for a month and a half, til tonight. I started out drinking coffee, but switched to whiskey/tequilla (it was the only alcoholic beverage, dammit!) after the first hour. Gawddammit, I'm hitting the Jack Daniels after this experience! Only liquor and pie can heal this affront to my natural instincts. Would you have endured such an experience for a woman? Oh yeah, 21 years married. Just so you have all the facts.

I fixed your "typos" for you....Your'e welcome!

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Do they sell beef jerky and turquoise jewelry at art shows too?  At stands manned by much more metro looking carnies of course.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Should have hidden a few large beers in/under your trenchcoat
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You prefer import or domestic?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Late night snack of choice i36.tinypic.com/e0sygh.jpg
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good Lord! You win teh internetz for the largest fucking monitor award! Lemme see here,..Quart of ice cream, check....Stovepipe beer of unknown origin,....Check, pistol of the German persuasion me thinks HK? Rock on Taxman!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good Lord! You win teh internetz for the largest fucking monitor award! Lemme see here,..Quart of ice cream, check....Stovepipe beer of unknown origin,....Check, pistol of the German persuasion me thinks HK? Rock on Taxman!

42" monitor $600
Blue Bell Ice cream $2.88
HK P7M8 $630 (yes it was a steal)
Hk USP 45tac $?
Cheapest beer I can find $1.09
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I would love it. I love art shows. Id like to be in one.

Ironically the teacher who turned me onto oil painting would go shooting on the weekends. I should have begged him to take me - haha.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#13]
All the womenz in my family are into the art thing. My mother, wife, and mother-in-law all belong to the same art gallery group. I haven't got a chance! I'd rather go to the dentist than attend these "shows" but I also know that it's important to them and so I put forth the effort. I think they know how much effort on my part I'm putting forth on their behalf. Even without me saying so. The wine did make it a bit more bearable, but I'd prefer beer or wihiskey given a choice. Heh beggars can't be choosers, huh?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I like art, but I couldn't deal with an art show.  ZzZzzZzZZz
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#15]
My idea of art involves baby oil, latex, and mostly nekkid womenz!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top