Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2008 6:03:01 PM EDT
Today I got notice that the city is having hearings related to the creation of a downtown community district that I will be just inside.  I calculate that this will cost me 1000 bucks a year, in addition to my 2 grand of property tax and 250/month HOA (don't get me started on that one too).  I know how the kinda crap always goes down and the few will get this passed by way of ballots cast by residents because 95% of people won't notice or care, until they have to pay.  I'm not taking this one up the ass though I'm gonna be all over these hearings.

Keep a watch out for a new 'don't tase me bro' video on youtube...
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a letter from my HOA today. Fuck'em.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, mine banned bbq's 3 years ago... my bbq didn't get the memo though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

damn, thats some un-American shit
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

WTF? Time to move, and/or plant trees w/o asking heh.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Atleast my neighbors leave me be, dont charge HOA fees and no one calls the cops then I cuss things in the yard.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why do you still live in that State?

I am so Gawd awful tired of reading the signs that say "The State of California has determined that
this items causes CANCER"

Outlawing BBQ's is laughable...I am sure Washington State is now considering it............

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I'm overdue for my bi-monthly HOA letter.  Damn grass wont stop growing.  I swear it either takes hiring a landscaper or quitting my job to make those people happy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you still live in that State?

I am so Gawd awful tired of reading the signs that say "The State of California has determined that
this items causes CANCER"

Outlawing BBQ's is laughable...I am sure Washington State is now considering it............

lol, yea. WA does have a hard-on for CA policy.

Im still pissed about the smoking ban!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn, thats some un-American shit

No shit
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think I'm overdue for my bi-monthly HOA letter.  Damn grass wont stop growing.  I swear it either takes hiring a landscaper or quitting my job to make those people happy.

The lack of rain made the lawn upkeep easy this year
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems that its not even an absolute to move to a 'free state' these days... but you have to find a 'free community' too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top