Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2008 2:18:00 PM EDT
Looks like the people will need to take the law into their own hands. With the murder rate rising and the # of police on the street shrinking this will only get worse.

www.suntimes.com/news/politics/1202941,CST-NWS-cuts05.article

City cuts hit two key areas: Police, Streets & Sanitation

Nearly half of the 1,080 city of Chicago employees being targeted for layoffs would come from two key departments, the Chicago Sun-Times has learned -- the police and the Department of Streets and Sanitation.

A labor leader said that's likely to translate to fewer cops on the streets, as the jobs of police civilians are cut.

Even as homicides and other violent crimes are on the rise, Mayor Daley's decision to lay off 133 police civilians for budgetary reasons is likely to strain a Chicago Police Department that's expected to be hard hit by the elimination of 329 sworn vacancies and 424 civilian openings.

"Are you telling me that, with all the work they do, day in and day out, nobody is gonna do their jobs?" Chicago Federation of Labor President Dennis Gannon said in an interview. "They may not be losing guys with guns and badges on, but they're gonna have to take police officers off the street to do the work [civilians] were doing."
<Snip>
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Will the last one out please turn off the lights.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It's ok, Chicago has gun control.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Daley strikes again, weeeeee...
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Take the money from welfare and keep the cops.  Seems too simple.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's ok, Chicago has gun control.

Whew thank God for that. Now I feel safe.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to inject some info.  Police do not stop homicides.  The criminals don't see a cop they do it.  The people there are unarmed

The police force cut have almost no effect on the homicide rate.  Police pick up the pieces.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Cities ALWAYS cut the most important Departments first instead of the programs for the Welfare Leeches...
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just to inject some info.  Police do not stop homicides.  The criminals don't see a cop they do it.  The people there are unarmed

The police force cut have almost no effect on the homicide rate.  Police pick up the pieces.

Agreed... though this will only further embolden the thugs.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Having that many cops laid off will be bad.

Now they wont have the thin blue line to protect them when they break the law
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I am relived to know that Obamaramadingdong was a community activist trying to bring justice to the people of Chicago
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cities ALWAYS cut the most important Departments first instead of the programs for the Welfare Leeches...

thats cause they vote the leeches in.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I live 15 miles from Chicago. Most living in that city are libs who are insanely anti-gun. Only the homeboys, gang bangas, bruddas are armed.

I can tell you this-in my little side of the world I am aware of enough firepower to outfit a platoon within a four block radius.

City libs we ain't.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm honestly surprised Chicago hasn't gone the way of Detroit, with the Daley's running the place all these years...

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Just like the US if BHO gets in...........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top