Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2008 1:56:42 PM EDT
Why are New Yorkers always depressed?
The light at the end of their tunnel is New Jersey.

-(Former) NYC resident for 24 years.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you read their gun laws?  You'd be depressed too.  

In before Aimless gives us the real reason.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably the same reason they are here in London, life sucks in a big Commie city.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Peter Griffin said it best: "Mets suck, Knicks suck, Jets suck."
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The biggest laugh of all is that 90% of New Yorkers don't even live in NYC.  They live in all across north jersey, all the way down to trenton and over into eastern PA.

If jersey sucks so bad, stay in NY and do your 1 mph snake dance up the long island expressway twice a day.

fuckers
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think Peter Griffin said it best: "Mets suck, Knicks suck, Jets suck."

As a Mets and Jets fan, I know the pain all too well.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Your words make me sad
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Because they live in NY?

CA might have bad gun laws, but at least we have gorgeous mountains, expansive deserts, wonderful beaches with amazing surf, incredible fishing, beautiful women, epic weather, amazing food, etc...

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Because we're surrounded by Obamamaniacs 24/7...

NY ARFOM Members: Always behind enemy lines...
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#10]
As a former NY resident i would agree that city needs to be quarantined. The rest of the state would be great if it wasn't for the libtard sheep from the Burroughs.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

CA might have bad gun laws, but at least we have gorgeous mountains, expansive deserts, wonderful beaches with amazing surf, incredible fishing, beautiful women, epic weather, amazing food, etc...

At least here I don't have to carry a mouthguard around in my pocket all the time.

Touche.

I may end up in NY, depending on which law school I get accepted to. The humidity is fucking horrible though. And I hate big cities.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

I take it you have never been to NY
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

Lived in NYC for 3 months.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

At least here I don't have to carry a mouthguard around in my pocket all the time.

Touche.

I may end up in NY, depending on which law school I get accepted to. The humidity is fucking horrible though. And I hate big cities.

Boy plenty of lawyers here already and more being churned out every day. Unless you plan to stay in NY or are going to Columbia, NYU or Cornell....

I have my eye on Columbia and NYU.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

3 months?  How do you call that living there?

I was in Georgia for 3 months going through FLETC.  I never said I lived in Georgia.  And I wouldn't assume that the rest of Georgia is like Brunswick.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3 months?  How do you call that living there?

I was in Georgia for 3 months going through FLETC.  I never said I lived in Georgia.  And I wouldn't assume that the rest of Georgia is like Brunswick.

Okay, I stayed in NYC for 3 months.

I think you can get somewhat of a feel concerning how a city is in 3 months.

Also been frequenting it often checking out universities.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I lived in NYC for a year working in a few restaurants, learning my trade....
lived in Brooklyn, worked in Manhattan, rode the train a alot after dark.
I also spent 2 tours in VietNam getting shot at on a nearly daily basis...
I actually felt safer in Nam..
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Is NYC the only part of New York you've seen?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Hillary.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. Been all over every one of the 5 boroughs (Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, etc.)

I hear NY is pretty beautiful outside of NYC.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. Been all over every one of the 5 boroughs (Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, etc.)

I hear NY is pretty beautiful outside of NYC.

well, duh

you could say something lke that about every state in the union
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

got all that except the mountains and desert
pretty nice gun collection too
and im 3000 miles from hollywood and san fran
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Because these fuggers come out at night.........

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The biggest laugh of all is that 90% of New Yorkers don't even live in NYC.  They live in all across north jersey, all the way down to trenton and over into eastern PA.

If jersey sucks so bad, stay in NY and do your 1 mph snake dance up the long island expressway twice a day.

fuckers
Well if they live in new jersey then they are'nt New Yorkers right?? I live in New York and love
new jersey except for the parts that smell like ass ,right over the bridges .
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

fuckers

Ughh.  Brings back bad memories.

I used to commute from exit 56 to NYC everyday to be on the job site by 7am

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Just glad I escaped from NY 6 months ago, living in NW Alabama now and loving it.  Took a 10% pay cut moving down here but the cost of living is about 30% lower.  Nice house, nice people, low cost of living, low taxes, gun friendly.  What more could you want.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
got all that except the mountains and desert

We have mountains... Adirondacks and Catskills.  They're not big now, but geologically speaking, they were once taller than any mountains in California, and taller than Mt. Everest is now for that matter.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Just glad I escaped from NY 6 months ago, living in NW Alabama now and loving it.  Took a 10% pay cut moving down here but the cost of living is about 30% lower.  Nice house, nice people, low cost of living, low taxes, gun friendly.  What more could you want.

To never have spent that time in the city.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

+ 87 Billion, also formr NY'r   LOL
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#32]
What do you mean? You're talking about New York. I mean Illinois is bad enough, but New York?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

I like how you conveniently left out earthquakes and forest fires.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

And crips and bloods....
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

And crips and bloods....

and illegals clogging up the legal, hospital, and medical systems.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Why are they depressed?  Too much meaningless sex.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:12:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Typical NYC mentality, who thinks that what may hold true for NYC somehow holds true for the entire state.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:42:04 AM EDT
[#38]
You're talking about NYC right? Not the whole state?
Ill tell you why i hate it.. (AWWW shit, you got a NYer started on why he hates the city)

CAUSE NYERS ARE ALL FULL OF 100000% Pure grade AAA BULLSHIT

They talk tough but they aint tough.
They talk "freedom" but they don't have any.
They act like republicans are all fascists yet every liberal there is a fascist. (did you know that it is illegal to dance in public in NYC without a permit?)
They talk about how red staters are all "sexually repressed" Yet ive been to strip clubs in Kentucky that were 1000 times better that those in NYC.
When 9-11 happened they were begging "il douche" Giuliani to stay on as mayor. (just like when the Reichstag burned down)
And now that "KING BLOOMBERG" (mayor) time is up due to term limits not only is he trying to repeal that law but NYERS ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY TO ALLOW IT. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL MOTHERFUCKING SHEEPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Bloomberg sued gun stores in the south and had NY sate troopers go there and buy guns in "sting" operations to try and shut down stores in S. Carolina and Virginia)

Which bring me to "guns". What is there to talk about with guns? NOTHING. Basically because its the worst place in the US for gun laws. nothing will change that except nuclear devastation. EVERY GUN MUST BE REGISTERED. And getting a handgun permit is .00000000001% chance.  that includes 22 short rifles, and flintlock shotguns from 1850.

You couldnt pay me enough to live in that "Multi-culti" shit hole.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#39]
To paraphrase Woody Allen, the only cultural advantage living in New York has over Los Angeles is that you can marry your own daughter.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:44:22 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

because they have the yankees and the mets.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:04:17 AM EDT
[#41]
taxes.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
taxes.  

+999999999999999999
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:14:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Having lived in Arizona pretty much my whole life, (lived in Vegas for 4 years) a couple of years ago my wife and I went to Chicago for her sister's graduation from boot camp.

Know what freaked me out the worst? The fact that I couldn't see the horizon. On the freeway, trees were right up to the edge of the road, in the city, buildings blocked out the light.

Fuuuuuck that-Most of the time here, I can see for 30 miles in any direction.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Wow, who'd have thought a little joke would bring out the vitriol?  Unless people just read the subject line and not the actual message...
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I still cant legally own a firearm. It takes 2 hours to get 20 miles, except in  the middle of the night. Crime, taxes, stuck up bitches, sheeple. To many pests, nothing fun to do for me. And the finale I hate the food here for the most part.

Lived in NYC since birth. Lived in every borough aside from manhattan. What is there to really say. I HATE it with a passion.  

20 yrs lived here, 6 months left till I am gone. But I'll most likely hit 21 yrs here before I am gone for good . And by gone for good I mean I wont live here. I have to much family here not to return for visits

ETA: Stuck up bitches is in refrence to bitches of both sexes. Thinking they are better cause they spent $100 on a item that retails for $25. That kinda of bullshit. The gold diggers live everywhere  

On the upside I can buy alcohol with  fake ids without anyone noticing. I have about 6 of those suckers
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

...but it was actually just a week. I mean who's counting?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

...but it was actually just a week. I mean who's counting?
you cant claim to have lived there for less then 1 yr straight, or 3 yrs accumulated. Otherwise you were just visiting. I spent a 8 months  total in pa over the years. Can I say I lived there
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because they live in NY?

NYS has  those things you mentioned; the mountains, beaches, fishing, etc.
Living in NYC for 3 months hardly makes you an expert on NYS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top