Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2008 11:34:15 AM EDT
A friend of ours showed us a pamphlet he had received from the McCain party. In it, it outlined a tax plan that would involve a tax break of 4% for the upper class, and anyone making under $50,000 would receive a 6% *increase*.

Now, this friend pulls in $500,000 per year easily. He owns his own very successful business. I have not received any such pamphlet, so my question is this.... 1) Why did he get this pamphlet, but not my lower class self, and 2) Does it hold any truth? Or is this some funding thing?

Not trying to be ignorant. Just want to know the facts.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A friend of ours showed us a pamphlet he had received from the McCain party. In it, it outlined a tax plan that would involve a tax break of 4% for the upper class, and anyone making under $50,000 would receive a 6% *increase*.

Now, this friend pulls in $500,000 per year easily. He owns his own very successful business. I have not received any such pamphlet, so my question is this.... 1) Why did he get this pamphlet, but not my lower class self, and 2) Does it hold any truth? Or is this some funding thing?

Not trying to be ignorant. Just want to know the facts.

Probably a forgery, but I would support a 4% tax increase on those making < $50K. Up from zero for most of them. *Everyone* who earns should pay taxes. That is called paying your fair share.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#2]
How about just going here and reading:

McCain's site
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#3]
eh... but why would they get a tax cut and we get a tax increase? If it's important to pay equally?

I mean, I make 17,000 after taxes each year. Doesn't get stretched much thinner than that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
eh... but why would they get a tax cut and we get a tax increase? If it's important to pay equally?

I mean, I make 17,000 after taxes each year. Doesn't get stretched much thinner than that.

If your after tax income is only $17,000, you already pay $0 in federal income taxes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What do you make before taxes?

You're doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Dont know exactly how accurate this is:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top