Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 6:32:08 AM EDT
In my quest to find a complete listing of states that allow high capacity magazines, without having to read several hundred pages of state laws, I came across this site.

[url]http://www.firearmslawcenter.org/content/home.asp[/url]

They cover every state on all the major categories.  It's current and accurate and it's more complete than what the NRA has.  However, it's funded by an anti-gun organization.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#2]
That is a slick layout on the web design.  Very clean.  And the info is comprehensive too...they didn't have every state finished yet, but California is one of the states that is done:

The California Constitution contains no provision regarding the right to bear arms.
View Quote

And it would appear that they are attempting to be "informative" which they are, but they are [b]very[/b] anti...

* The "key firearms policies" are an anti-gunner's Christmas wish list.
* Phrases that support the 2nd Amendment get put in quotations, while anti-gun phrases usually don't as the site apparantly considers the anti-phrases normal:
These proposed “immunity” laws (also known as “gun relief acts”)
View Quote

* Their "relevant studies" (two can play the quotes game) are from your friend and mine, the Violence Policy Center, Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence (formerly Handgun Control, Inc.) and others.  Other studies such as John Lott get very minor billing at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top