Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2008 6:04:02 PM EDT
I am looking for some recomendations for a lost cost but effective gun safe or cabinet for 5-8 long guns and some handguns, mainly to keep the little one safe and to keep thieves out, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone posted a "couch safe" here a while ago.  Basically a gun rack inside the bottom of a couch with a lockable piece of plywood covering the rack.

Of course, if your guns are really of any value to you, you could just get a Fort Knox safe and feel a little better about the security of your firearms.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought about going this route. Just something to maybe detour a smash and grab type deal. But ultimately, if your guns do get stolen, you'll have to spend whatever they are worth to get them back. When you consider a decent safe will run $800-1300 or so, it makes that decision must easier. Even an investment in a top quality safe for a few K wouldn't be a bad idea if you plan to grow your collection in the future.

I spent 1K on a safe recently, and i figure if someone REALLY wants in it, they're going to get in given the time. But i know for a fact they aren't going to walk out of my place with the safe, and it's going to take them a bit of time and effort to get in. Not to mention the fire protection as piece of mind.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
NRA Arms Care Plus is honestly the cheapest way to "secure" your firearms investments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top