Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2008 5:23:01 PM EDT
Birm AL.

The wife and I are thinking of going.
Anyone been to this for Halloween?

I considered the Hometown forum but need a quick response.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Never been, but heard it was good.

Tag for info.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Never been, but heard it was good.

Tag for info.

Same here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
We had a good time, though the beer was a little warm. You will pay $3. to park (semi secure) and $15.00  to do the trail.  It was money well spent for good clean fun.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been there.  It isn't terrifying but it is alright.  I thought it was well done with a few BOO moments.  I'd probably go again.

I guess it was supposed to be really haunted by some of the guys who died there in the early 1900's.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
We'll probably go tomorrow night.
I will probably carry due to the location downtown.
Did they have any sort of security checks?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
It has been 5 years since I have been, but it was a pretty decent "spook" house.  Actually was the location of mine and my wife's first date.  It is a good clean event, or was then.  I agree with the semi-secure parking.  There wasn't any security check at the time we went but again it has been 5 years.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Update, just for anyone wondering.....

Went last night.

They don't tell you there can be a 2 1/2 hour wait......

I would definitely recommend getting there just before dark to minimize the wait times.

Or sneak in alcohol....

More of a bored teenager thing.

They were playing the SAW series on the bigscreen.

Pretty fun, but not worth the wait IMO.

Might have been better if there had been live music, which they apparently do sometimes, but don't put when on the calendar.

They did "get" me once, though.
Several points on the trail are pitch black and I had a guy (I did not know was there) fire up a chainsaw about a foot or two from my face.....

Cussing ensued....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top