Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 2:28:30 AM EDT
last night on a radio talk show some guy and the host were talking about war in general, afghanistan, and the gulf war.

the guest caller said he was a Gulf War VET

the radio host asked what guns he carried and how much ammo for those guns while in the gulf.

his response is: [b]M16, 6 "Clips", 11 rounds per Clip
AND Glock 9mm, 3 "clips", 9 rounds per clip.[/b]

does this sound right to anyone?

when did the US military start issuing glocks? or was he allowed to bring his own side arm (which i heard is Not allowed).
if he did have a glock, why only 9 rounds?
this is in '90/91 before the hi cap mag ban, so why didnt he have 16+ rounds in the glock mags? (Minus one/two for reliability issues). 10 rounds mags were almost unheard of back then.

why would he only have 11 rounds in his AR Mags? even if he only had 20 rnd mags, he could minus 2 rounds for reliability equaling 18 rounds, or 30 rnd mags, minus 2 equaling 28 rounds.
in a time of war i would carry max ammo, and max amount of mags, not 6 mags as he claimed he did.

Gulf War VETs is ANY of this possible for a fellow VET ?
or is he just another PHONY with postban guns and mags and BIG dreams?  
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say without a doubt he was a "phony"
and a very uneducated one at that.  maybe it was a member of the radio show crew trying to make the show seem repituable?
john
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
[size=5][b]CLIPS[/b][/size=5] [rolleyes]  Nuf said.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:24:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, sounds like a phony to me, I would have taken my own sidearm but that is a 'no no'.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I carried M-16, 4 30 rounders,(packed) Baretta 9, 4 15 rounders (packed) plus several hundred rounds for each easily accessable as long as I was near my boat (amphib landing craft)mixed in with the rest of my crew: Mossberg 500 + 200rnds, M60 + 2000rnds,two M203s + 100rnds each (HE and WP)

We Came To Play     [:)>]

Oh Yeah, all five of us had a good old fasion K-Bar on our belts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Huntclub
There are no 40mm WP rounds, 2000 rounds of 7.62 linked is 140 lbs, 100 rounds of 40mm HE is 50lbs by itself.  Don't think you would be going anywhere fast.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#7]
the caller on the talk show was the resident mall ninja we have on the board. nsfjojo was it?
he probably parachuted into the battlefield from a stealth fighter. from 50k feet. with no shoes. uphill both ways...........
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Huntclub
There are no 40mm WP rounds, 2000 rounds of 7.62 linked is 140 lbs, 100 rounds of 40mm HE is 50lbs by itself.  Don't think you would be going anywhere fast.
View Quote

Pardon You for not reading my text completely or maybe not fully comprehening it. the expansive amount of ammo was available "as long as I was near my boat"
and as for the non-availability of WP, I could think of a few scorched individuals who might disagree. [:)>]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Hunt
I read it but I still think you are joking, there are no WP M203 rounds, Unless they were made and never placed in any of the ammo TM and only issued to your super secret 5 man amphibious landing craft, which is a really small contingent unless you were on something like LCPL, LCM, LCAC or LCU.  Also most people burned by WP die, it is classified as a chemical weapon because its interferes with the bodies ability to use potassium.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#10]
40mm WP??
thats a new one to me. must be super double top secret rounds. you sure it wasnt m433 HE Dual purpose? what color were these WP rounds?? if the tips were gold and blunt tipped its HE, if the tip was gold and dome shaped its HEDP. in all my years as a grunt i never saw or heard of a 40 mm WP round
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#11]
ahhh maybe that was a mortar he was carrying..i know mortars have WP rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top