Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2008 1:33:03 AM EDT
Not just be locked up for 5.5 years but living every day of those 5.5 years with the fear that each foot step you herd outside your cell could be your next ass whippin or even death?

You are tortured, you miss your family, starved, and you have no idea how long it will continue. Will you survive this or will you die in this shit hole never to see your wife, children, or family ever again?

On top of all of that you could go home any time you asked to. Just say the word and you can go home.

If I found myself in that situation I have to honest with myself and say that I would not have lasted 5.5 years.

Win or lose Senator McCain here's to you Sir!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Speculation is cheap - there's no way to tell until someone is put in that situation.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I would like to think I could, but I don't know.

I have much respect for what he did
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:54:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I shudder at the thought of it and honestly do not know. That would be one tough T-shirt to earn

I do know McCain is one hell of a man for enduring it. Too bad the MSM spits on his patriotism simply by ignoring it. Disgusting actually.

Here's to you McCain...

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Obama did want to join the Marines once, but sadly there was no war.

(yeah, I am being sarcastic)
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I dont think I could.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think I could.
Same here. This kind of bugs me to say but I think I would have taken the early release.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:24:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I woulda killed myself quickly to ensure I didn't get anyone else killed because I know I would have cracked probably sooner than later. (I have no wife or kids)
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:28:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think I could.
Same here. This kind of bugs me to say but I think I would have taken the early release.

It bothers me to even think of it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:32:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think I could have sat across a table from Obama and not yelled "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE".
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:36:23 AM EDT
[#10]
" A man needs to know his limitations"-Dirty Harry

Well I know mine, in my current state of age and health I could not; back in my youth I'd like to think I could have measured up to his standards, but in all honesty I have my doubts.

I don't always agree with what McCain says or even what he does sometimes (he's too cozy with ted kennedy sometimes.) But right here, right now with all the Marbles on the line he is undoubtably not only the 'better' man, he is also the 'best' man for the job.

I know I'd sleep better at night feeling greater safety for my family and my nation with him running things. I could NEVER feel safe if we became an Obama-nation...
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:28:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Speculation is cheap - there's no way to tell until someone is put in that situation.  

Ayup, who knows.  But it is certain I'd feel a LOT better with McCain running the show.  A man loyal to the good 'ole USA with fortitude.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think I could.

I hate to say it but I think after the first time they broke my shoulders I would have gave up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I couldn't have. I consider myself to be strong-willed, but they would have broken my will. As many times as I've disagreed with McCain over the years, I still respect him for what he did.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Most modern American metrosexuals would have either gone mad or become total collaborators after 60 days.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Most modern American metrosexuals would have either gone mad or become total collaborators after 60 days6 minutes.

Honestly I think the kiss kicking he got on the way back to their base would have been all it would have took.

Everybody remember the Brits that Iran caught?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I am convinced that I could handle it mentally. But physically? I don't know, he was in pretty bad shape with everything on top of that.

He is an extraordinary person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top