Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2008 3:56:31 PM EDT
So we caught some credit card fraud (card cancelled, form sent in, etc) on the boss' work credit card.

Part of my investigation yielded results in the form of paperwork from one of the vendors.

They sent me:

1 Copy of DL.  An Illinois fake (as compared to google image results of Illinois DLs)

2 Credit card auth form, correct card info but, again, wrong name (same as DL) and signature not remotely similar.

3 Invoice showing the details of the purchase (standard)

4 Copy of receipt showing charge to card (standard)

Item 1 and 2 were faxed in to the vendor.

I sent a copy of this in with the fraud paperwork.

Now I want to know what I can do with it ......... FBI?

One more thing I have to see about is where Items 1 and 2 were faxed in from
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
ouch

only one reply
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#4]
So do I call the FBI or the local police?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#5]
A-Team
Start with local police
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nuking from orbit: IM LimaXRay

Credit fraud:  Give local PD the info.

For +12K posts: weak.

To the original poster:  How much pain are you looking to extract?

If the crime was really egregious (sp), I'd post it over at Pirate4x4.com and request a Wenzel.

Of course, I'd only do this if the crime fit the punishment or I didn't want these people seen in public for the next 6 years, whichever was greater.

Good luck.

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

To the original poster:  How much pain are you looking to extract?

If the crime was really egregious (sp), I'd post it over at Pirate4x4.com and request a Wenzel.

Of course, I'd only do this if the crime fit the punishment or I didn't want these people seen in public for the next 6 years, whichever was greater.

Good luck.

Merlin

hmmmm, not sure really.  If I knew how many others they had done it to ........ that would make the decision easier.

Still working on that fax number.  It appears to be from here, Miami, 305 area code.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
You'd need the U.S.S Sulaco to achieve orbital nuking.  Let me know if you need to borrow her.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top