Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2001 8:25:19 PM EDT
Last Saturday my just turned 11 yr old son and I were on the range at a ranch where we were hog/coyote/jack-rabbit hunting.  I wanted to shoot some clays because my bird shooting needed (still needs [:D]) some help.  I did pretty good and asked my son if he wanted to shoot the gun - 12 ga Rem 870 Wingmaster 30" non interchageable choke.  He says ok - he had never shot a shotgun in his life and isn't real consistent with a rifle or pistol.  I start to point out a stationary target for him when my friend who we are hunting with says "no - have him shoot clays".  I start to argue that he's never even pulled the trigger on a shotgun, but then skeptically agree to the clays since my friend insists.  I'm expecting nothing but misses.  First clay - popped it!!  I came unglued with congradulations!  Second clay - popped it!!  I'm ecstatic.  Third clay - near miss.  Fourth clay - popped it!  He shot about ten more times and got half or better of them.  I explained that he was starting out waaaaaaay better than I did with a shotgun.  Told him I was proud of him - didn't love him any more than I would if he had missed them all, but I was proud of his accomplishment.  He's an awesome kid - and good with a shotgun!

Tate

btw - I got a red boar ferral hog, about 140 lb, three coyotes (should have been 7 [:(]), and between us, 7 jack-rabbits.  No meat wasted - LOTS of it!!! [:D]  Many thanks to my friend's dog Jack - that dog is GAME - ready to run down ANYTHING and take 'em down!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Man that sound like a blast!!!! Looks like you have a potential Pro shotgunner there. [beer]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:15:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, lt - maybe I do - I was amazed and awed.

Tate
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#3]
hehe, i wouldn't want to be "on the wing" when hes around.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
[@:D] Woohoo! Tate's got a shooter! [@:D]
[whacko]                 [sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top