Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/14/2008 6:01:19 PM EDT
And as I climb in I notice in an overhead rack a shotgun and a Bushmaster M4/A2 Now I am thinking WTF does Fish and wildlife need a riot shotgun and an "Assault" rifle for? This truck belongs to the local wetland wildlife refuge are they afraid that the local waterfowl might actually be an Al-Queda  terrorist cell or what?  

So anyway I do the work it was brought in for and take it up front to the guy from USFWP and I comment to him that he has some nice firearms and he says "yeah standard issue for all USFWP officers" I go and make the comment about the militarization of all the government agencies and he says "yeah I don't know why we need the AR the shotgun was just fine"

We start talking a little more and tell him I have almost the same rifle except for being an M4/A3 He then says "I don't think that civilians should have military type rifles" I replied that that was the original intent of the second amendment and he replies " I think all the problems started when they started letting civilians have military type weapons, look at all the shootings it's almost always a military type weapon".

I correct him and say "only the ones they sensationalize" I then remind him of the most recent shootings that we had here in Montana and that the firearms used were average handguns. At that point he says goodbye and walks away.

I just hope that that conversation doesn't backfire on me and get me labled as some sort of patriot militia kind of guy AKA (domestic terrorist) of which I am neither. I did take the Oath to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic but could we be facing USFWP as well if shit continues along the  path that BHO is leading us down.

What next a fully combat equipped ex NAVY SEAL/ARMY RANGER/GREEN BERET........
Dogcatcher
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree the AR was over the top

12 gauge is just fine
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

12 gauge is just fine

Why? Poachers are generally well armed and not always cooperative, and almost always disgruntled when caught in the act.
Also good for rabid animals. Remember, for most people, .223 is just a varmint round, no matter what you shoot it from.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I know one of those guys out here on Long Island and he has the same issued to him along with 8 magazines!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
So a Fish and Wildlife guy called you a civilian? Did he ask you to lick his boots afterwards in apology?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's good enough for us to own it's good enough for them to own.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#6]

I think all the problems started when they started letting civilians have military type weapons

yeah, the problems started for the British
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
That's nothing.

The BLM law enforcement here in Oregon uses belt feds.

Why do they need belt feds....I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

12 gauge is just fine

Why? Poachers are generally well armed and not always cooperative, and almost always disgruntled when caught in the act.
Also good for rabid animals.

QFT, the 12GA will have limitations, that is where the rifle comes in.

Poachers will have rifles / longarms. Why not have a rifle available?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I think all the problems started when they started letting civilians have military type weapons

Don't ya just love irony
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I had the same thought.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

12 gauge is just fine

Is it?

Do you know the extent Mexican drug gangs are using the National Forest for drug growing and running activities… very dangerous gangs.

An AR is not over the top at all.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Damn those American squirrel guns!
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]
The dumb ass didn't even know that he is a civilian too.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#15]
most dangerous job in law enfrocement is park ranger
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That's nothing.

The BLM law enforcement here in Oregon uses belt feds.

Why do they need belt feds....I don't know.

Holy shit you definitely don't want to leave your license at home. On the other hand I do know of one Montana FWP officer that bought an M1A for his duty rifle I ran into him one day while hunting with mine and he gave me the usual shakedown license ID ect. and then proceeded to show me his, cool guy all in all just doing his job.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Animal cops run into methlabs and dope smugglers sometimes.

Our Game and Fish guys have ARs and can wear issued Multicam in the field.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#18]
You have to remember that they are federal offivers with arrest powers. If something bad goes down, they can act accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
....He then says "I don't think that civilians should have military type rifles"...

Is he considering himself a civilian? He is certainly not military. Maybe that's why he said he only thought he needed a shotgun - because he considers himself a civilian. Who knows?

Anyway, I think law enforcement should not be allowed to have anything a private citizen cannot own.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Around here they carry armalite ar10s.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#21]
fish and game??

are they not federal employees?

do they not pledge to protect and defend the Constitution?

not Judge it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#23]
that sucks
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
And as I climb in I notice in an overhead rack a shotgun and a Bushmaster M4/A2 Now I am thinking WTF does Fish and wildlife need a riot shotgun and an "Assault" rifle for? This truck belongs to the local wetland wildlife refuge are they afraid that the local waterfowl might actually be an Al-Queda  terrorist cell or what?  

So anyway I do the work it was brought in for and take it up front to the guy from USFWP and I comment to him that he has some nice firearms and he says "yeah standard issue for all USFWP officers" I go and make the comment about the militarization of all the government agencies and he says "yeah I don't know why we need the AR the shotgun was just fine"

We start talking a little more and tell him I have almost the same rifle except for being an M4/A3 He then says "I don't think that civilians should have military type rifles" I replied that that was the original intent of the second amendment and he replies " I think all the problems started when they started letting civilians have military type weapons, look at all the shootings it's almost always a military type weapon".

I correct him and say "only the ones they sensationalize" I then remind him of the most recent shootings that we had here in Montana and that the firearms used were average handguns. At that point he says goodbye and walks away.

I just hope that that conversation doesn't backfire on me and get me labled as some sort of patriot militia kind of guy AKA (domestic terrorist) of which I am neither. I did take the Oath to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic but could we be facing USFWP as well if shit continues along the  path that BHO is leading us down.

Dogcatcher

You like Alex Jones dont you?

Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
...I go and make the comment about the militarization of all the government agencies...

Don't be surprised if that is the last .gov vehicle you service.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Our state DNR officers have issued M1A's.  You could be a long way out and alone for a long time.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I once asked them about the belt fed and they said every year they have booby traps and pot plant fields all over.

Some small fire fights here and there. Tons of gangs with machine guns.

Belt fed evens the odds
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dogcatcher

You like Alex Jones dont you?

Nope just the humorous thoughts that crossed my mind while telling this tale
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
So a Fish and Wildlife guy called you a civilian? Did he ask you to lick his boots afterwards in apology?

With attitudes like that exhibited by this fish and game fag, is the exact reason "civilians" need weapons like this.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#30]
jesus was he weaing level 4 armor lol
id have told him it was a POS and he needed an LMT or somthing lol
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Long story short - One of my old partners arrested a guy with 800 lbs of weed in his house. Guy finally broke and admitted that he and 3 or 4 friends would go into a national forest in northern Minnesota every few months, hike across the border into Canada, get supplied and then hike back through the national forest with 100 lb packs full of weed. He also admitted they were ALWAYS armed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok now for the kicker..... I was wondering how far this thread would go so I left out the funniest part.  ready........
I found out He's just the guy in charge of the motor pool
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
A FL Fish cop I met while training in FL had 101 rounds fired at him.

Some of you guys crack me up.

Did he duct tape ceramic plates to his back, to ensure he was being careful enough?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#34]
   When the riots begin, if you are issued a weapon and a federal employee, you WILL be sent in.
Thats why they are heavily armed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Ok now for the kicker..... I was wondering how far this thread would go so I left out the funniest part.  ready.......

I found out He's just the guy in charge of the motor pool

This thread is starting to smell.

Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#37]
MYOB he is more equal than you... fuckin tax slaves just don't get it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
...I go and make the comment about the militarization of all the government agencies...

He wouldn't be working mine after a comment along those lines.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#39]
If I remeber correctly, I believe that the game wardens here in Texas are getting full auto Bushmasters now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Meth...

The DNR guys here in MI have M14s.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I ran into a ranger at the local public shooting range who had an ar mounted in his truck...I thought he was gonna have to use it too...Some old hick trying to fight him because the ranger was making him pay to use the range (he hadn't paid the 3$ necessary to shoot at the range, honor system thing with steep fine if you dont pay I think)

ETA I think they should be able to have whatever they want to get the job done...As long as they don't try to tell me I can't have one its cool. And I doubt the rangers around here think that way since the ranges always have ars, aks, 50s and saiga 12s etc etc at them
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#43]
In.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

12 gauge is just fine

Also good for rabid animals.

QFT, the 12GA will have limitations, that is where the rifle comes in.

Poachers will have rifles / longarms. Why not have a rifle available?

Then get a real rifle

Something you could also dispatch a rouge bull moose with
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow, I dont even know where to begin with this thread.  This could be interesting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He wouldn't be working mine after a comment along those lines.

Now why is this...... does the truth hurt And BTW this is not BS it really happened.

Sorry nothing quite as impressive as a draw down in walmart while eating a chocolat chip cookie and screwing a goose on a treadmill...... did I cover them all or do I have to post pic's and MS paint.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

In North Carolina wildlife officers do not carry rifles due to the fact that some officers might use them to poach deer

You'd be surprised at the wildlife cops caught poaching
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Most poachers know that when your caught in the act of taking illegal game it could mean that you lose your guns,truck and anything else that helped you break the law.

They tend to get pissed when "the man" steps in and shuts them down.

I dont see a problem in the world with a F&G officer having an AR.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top