Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 5:38:48 PM EDT
For the past two weeks I have been filling out applications for PD's like crazy.I think by now I have filled out about 100 applications.

Well a Friend and I both fill out an application for a local PD. I thought he had no chance at getting on because.

He has a few major charges on him and He was convicted of all of them. About two years ago he was caught selling drugs. He got has one DUI that he got when he was under 21 . I thought he would never get past the background check.

Well he did guess who did not get past it me. Because I had my drivers licenses suspend two years ago for two speeding ticket's for going 5-10mph over the limit. They told me it had to be three years from the last time I had my licenses suspended before I could test.

Now tell me how BS is that? A guy who has drug charges and a DUI get's to go to the testing but aperson who had a suspended licenses does not. I called a friend of mine works at this PD and asked them why that was. He told me all his convictions where when he was under 21 and over a year ago.

Now tell me what do you think of this.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO, it sucks.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For the past two weeks I have been filling out applications for PD's like crazy.I think by now I have filled out about 100 applications.

View Quote

Sounds like you want to be a cop just a little too bad to me; were you picked on in school?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like you want to be a cop just a little too bad to me; were you picked on in school?
View Quote

This is not a lot of applications for PD jobs most people I know have 3 to 4 times as many out. In school I was not the one who got picked on .

The school's I had gone to was a rich kid schools the kind that mommy and daddy bought there kids $60 grand cars for there 16th birthday. Where everyone's jeans cost about $50. Boy I fit in like a glove me and my combat or work boot's Carhartt jeans and a tee shirt.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Have someone read your post out loud and listen to how it sounds. No flame intended, but you might take a long hard look at your wording of any essay type questions on the app.

Just a suggestion. I would love to see you realize your dream, but if I read an application that sounded like your post I would probably round file it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you feel jealousy that some got $60 grand cars for "their" 16th birthdays?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have someone read your post out loud and listen to how it sounds. No flame intended, but you might take a long hard look at your wording of any essay type questions on the app.

Just a suggestion. I would love to see you realize your dream, but if I read an application that sounded like your post I would probably round file it.
View Quote

No I don't take it as a flame I did not see how crappy I wrote the last two post. I can get why you would say that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top