Posted: 12/10/2001 3:41:45 PM EDT
[img]http://www.accessconnex.com/rape.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
laser guided on target.
btt
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm the of the things that would be running through my mind is will my biggest gun make a big enough hole in that prick.  Odds are no.  Time to start the tactical nuke fund.  Accually maybe I should just buy a nice big sword.  Up close and personal.  O well.

R4M
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you guys HAVE daughters? Mine is now 11 years old. If when she was in college, she came home & told me this... PHUCK the lazer guided gizmos/ large firearms or swords. I would derive GREAT plesure from slowly removing the offinding creatin from the gene pool with my bare hands.
IF YOU MAKE MY LITTLE GIRL CRY [b]I WILL MAKE YOU CRY[/b]
echo6
edit to remove over offensive language
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
saved.  BTT

No_Expert

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
laser guided on target.
btt
View Quote

My bad... my "laser guided on target" was meant metaphorically. I do mean to say that BenDover's presentation was of great merit.

In that situation, the only use I might envision for a firearm maybe a good old fashioned knee capping, but my Makita cordless with an 1" auger bit would be [b][size=6]much slower![/size=6][/b]

Sincerely,
Dave, loving Daddy of 4 year old Mary Kate    
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Ditto on the feelings--

Let's just say for the sake of arguement that...never mind, it would probably get me banned here anyway.  FYI it had to do with the surgical lack of tendons distal to the elbow and knee so he would be helpless for the rest of his life.

AFARR
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
There are very few campus rape situations in which a firearm would do any good at all.  Believe me, I went through this with a friend.  No, I wasn't the rapist.  I had to deal with the aftermath.  There is absolutely nothing a gun could have done to help her.  At no point did my friend ever say "NO".  At no point did she ask the guy to leave her alone.  She was totally submissive.  No charges were filed, by the way, despite heavy pressure from one of her friends to "get the bastard."  I do think it was a date rape, but certainly not a forceful one.    

Women should learn other kinds of self-defense.  They should also avoid situations where they get drunk or stoned and a guy takes them back to their room alone.  That's when things get out of hand.  

I know it's not PC, but I also have a suspicion that in many of these cases, the girl is consenting during the act and then feels remorse later.  There is a lot of date-rape propaganda floating around and that confuses the issue of who is responsible.  There are predatory men around, no doubt about it.  But there are also naive girls around who get in over their heads and then realize they've lost control.  It's a matter of personal responsibility.  I'm in no way blaming the victims, it's a matter of personal responsibility.  

Oh, and nearly every college campus in America prohibits firearms. If you get caught, you will be immediately expelled with no chance of getting back in.  Your career at that college will be over.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Payback would be swift & painful, but not with a gun or blade. Don't want to offend any PC jurors. I would cuff his hands behind his back, take some manilla rope, tie a noose around his privates & throw the other end around a large branch in a populated area & hoist his ass for everyone to see. Maybe even hang a "rapist" sign on his ass.
Then when he is about to pass out from the pain, I'll grab his legs & pull him down.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
At no point did my friend ever say "NO".  At no point did she ask the guy to leave her alone.  She was totally submissive.
View Quote

That's not rape and if she said it was, according to what you said, she is full of crap. Reason is below...

I also have a suspicion that in many of these cases, the girl is consenting during the act and then feels remorse later.
View Quote

Agreed.

[marines]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll try to make this brief...  My daughter is 4 years old and has been molested.  In reading this post, I started to shed a tear.  I hope none of you know how hard it is to hear your daughter tell you this.  I have a hard time dealing with it.  I can not do the things that I feel are necessary to defend my daughter from the prick that did it.  I can not for fear of losing my daughter to the woman that put her in that position in the first place, and I can not go to prison (see # 1).  So, I come to the steps I will take as to never hear those words again.  I feel some sort of Martial Arts will begin (at an appropriate age), weapons training (less than lethal), and then firearm training.  Honestly, I don’t know if I could ever hear those words again and not stay out of prison… Probably the hardest thing I have ever done is to NOT have done anything out of vengeance, anger or hatred.  So, I will help my daughter be able to defend herself and let her know that she will always have a safe place at my side.  

I used to joke about the 10 rules for dating my daughter, now the all ring too true.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Great poster. now get it on a billboard :)
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:56:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Lot of truth here.

But, not all rapes occur on campus.  If more American women carried we would All be safer.

--------
"You can't rape a .38"
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rapists are the lowest form of life in the universe.  They are subhuman worthless scum and they should be slowly castrated with a rusty shank.[pissed]
View Quote
My sentiments exactly. A subhuman worthless scum which should be forcefully extinct.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Blazing Saddles:

HEDLEY LAMARR: QUALIFICATIONS?
OUTLAW: RAPE, MURDER, ARSON AND RAPE.
HEDLEY LAMARR: YOU SAID RAPE TWICE.
OUTLAW: I LIKE RAPE.

This of course is in jest.  I personally think that violent rape should only be punishable by the death penalty.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#17]
id take him in my garage, (at gunpoint of course) clamp his dick in a vice, break off the handel, give him a hachsaw, and set the garage on fire, then walk out : )
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do you guys HAVE daughters? Mine is now 11 years old. If when she was in college, she came home & told me this... PHUCK the lazer guided gizmos/ large firearms or swords. I would derive GREAT plesure from slowly removing the offinding creatin from the gene pool with my bare hands.
IF YOU MAKE MY LITTLE GIRL CRY [b]I WILL MAKE YOU CRY[/b]
echo6
edit to remove over offensive language
View Quote

My daughter is 13.

And, yes echo6, you state my sentiments exactly.

Bats and chains maybe. But no guns...too quick.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I am thinking rubber hose with chain in it, vise grips, anvil and hammer, barbwire for restraint and anything else I can find in the garage.  I might even tie the bastard to some train tracks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#20]
My girl is only 3...............do you guys think that to soon to start taking her to thhe range?

[X]I am SOOOO going to jail when she starts to date[X]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#21]
BlackDog, last time I checked in Florida and a number of other states. Not sure if Washington is one. But, in Florida Raping a Child Under 7  is a Capital Offense. I.E. Scumbag Goes To Death Row.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I,ve got a 13yr old daughter, we've been going to the range since she was 10. She can shoot both .22 rifle and pistol with the best. Next year she moves up to 9mm. It's never too young
to know how to defend yourself.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Personally I dislike the poster.

I believe that the message it is trying to convey is that the daughter would have been able to defend herself if she'd had a gun.

Instead I believe that it provokes an angry and vengeful feeling in the male reader. It makes me want to grab my HK USP and put some hollowpoints into the "guy on campus" in the middle of his frat party into his little pecker.

I don't believe that gun-rights advocates should be promoting this feeling as the anit-gun people use this "emotional" use of guns as a reason why they should be banned. I think most liberals are flaky emotional wackos, and while I would probably be able to control my anger from becomming murderous, I'm sure we all remember the prominent Million Mom Marcher who grabbed a gun and killed some guy that she incorrectly assumed had hurt someone she loved.

It is an effective and well made ad, but I don't think it promotes the proper message.

JMHO

Shawn
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They should also avoid situations where they get drunk or stoned and a guy takes them back to their room alone.  That's when things get out of hand.  

I know it's not PC, but I also have a suspicion that in many of these cases, the girl is consenting during the act and then feels remorse later.  
View Quote

True.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#27]
my oldest daughter is 18, she is 5'10" and at 5 years old was helping teach juijitsu classes at my school. Did I mention that she has two older brothers, one former All state offensive tackle and the little one is a WO1 flying helicopters for the Army......Do I worry? nope...she has kept them in line for 18 years....
The Baby daughter is 4 months and already goes to Juijitsu class with Dad and Mom......
My daughters will never run home except to tell me that they kicked some guys butt!
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Good responses. I just threw it out here to see what people's feelings were about the subject.

I agree that the ad sounds like it might be vindictive and that there is a difference between changing your mind after the fact and being a bonafide victim of a sexual assault.

I am just playing around with the ideas to possibly target segments of the public in ways never before seen for pro-gun messages.

Calling all photoshoppers...

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
my oldest daughter is 18, she is 5'10" and at 5 years old was helping teach juijitsu classes at my school. Did I mention that she has two older brothers, one former All state offensive tackle and the little one is a WO1 flying helicopters for the Army......Do I worry? nope...she has kept them in line for 18 years....
The Baby daughter is 4 months and already goes to Juijitsu class with Dad and Mom......
My daughters will never run home except to tell me that they kicked some guys butt!
View Quote

That is a start, but the thing is, in Black Dogs case it started so young that his girl didnt get a chance.

There is only one thing that can prevent Black Dogs case, home school, no daycare ,no pre school. Keep the kid at home with one of you until they can learn and do defensive techniques like Wind's kids.

Otherwise you just have to trust to luck.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I have five children, and 2 grandkids (one on the way). 3 of the kids are Girls. Ages 22, 16, and 11.

The 22 year old is an attempted rape victim (She was 18 at the time), she resisted, and got out of the hospital 4 days later after having her jaw wired shut. She had dated this boy for 2 years.. she was a Virgin and wanted to stay that way.. he figured he had waited long enough and NO wasn't good enough anymore. Well she fought him off, then kicked him in his exposed genitals.. this set him off and he beat her in the face with something blunt, she thinks it was an axe handle or a baseball bat.

An older couple happened by and saw it, and he threw her out of his car and took off. We met her at the Hospital. And after I had the info I went after him, I showed at his house and his parents didnt know where he was, and I didnt say why i was looking.

I finally found him, and the evil side in me came out, a side I thought was buried long ago. The only weapon I had at the time was my Gerber Mk II, and I planed on using it. My cooler side took over and I called the cops, and he was arrested.

after all the wheeling and dealing he was finally charged with "Aggravted Assualt". Since certain criteria had to be met to qualify as attemtped Rape and she hadnt let him go far enough. Then they RELEASED him until court. This peckerhead went back to school (he was 17) and bragged about how he FORCED her to give him oral.. and "When that stupid bitch told me no, I taught her a lesson". Well, his parents got a lawyer and they decided to try and get her for assualt as well on him. And with him being a minor he wouldnt get much.. the chrages on my kid were dropped, he got 40 hours community service!!!!!!!!! thats IT for attempting a forceable rape and aggravated battery,.!

I planned it out nicely, and thought it out.. the perfect murder. had the spot picked to drop the body.. had the date picked..

then the stupid bastard got drunk with some freinds and they hit a bridge abutment at 100MPH.. I still get angry feeling I was robbed of what should have been my revenge.

You never know how you will react.. I thought I would have killed on site, but amazingly, I thought the consequences out before I carved him like a Christmas turkey.

I pray to god no other mans child will ever have to endure soemthing like this, it is the worst thing you could go through. Her husband today knows the story, and is terrified to even raise his voice at her..  thats fine by me!
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Well Troy,

I thought I had done all I could for my girls, taught them manners, self respect and all those good southern traditions. They are good students, and are intelligent and articulate.

However after this incident, they are all crack shots as well. The 22 year olds 19th Birthday present from me was a Taurus .38 Snub nose. The 16 year old is good with an AR AND a 9mm, and believe it or not, the 11 year old flat LOVES shooting .45's ONE HANDED! lol.

I couldn't getthem interested enough in self defense courses or martial arts.. but they took to the guns with a passion. The two younger ones arent old enough to carry in Florida, but they have them at home if needed. And their older sisters courage to at least fight.

Us Winks really hate to lose :)
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

(snip)
The tough talkers should heed this man who has been there for real.(snip)
They subtlely approached me about how to best inflict justice if the courts failed.  I refused to discuss it at the time but told them to check back if necessary.  Luckily the POS got 45 years with no parole, and was in his 50's at the time.  I understand the emotion and associated armchair bravado, but if it [b]really[/b] happened . . . you would do no such thing.  You can't.  Take whatever precautions you can to prevent these most evil acts.  
View Quote

So what's the difference between inflicting justice before or after the court's outcome??

You say you would help them out if the courts failed, what's the difference between what you would have your friend do & what other fathers on this board would do??

I am no armchair bravado & what I posted earlier was not meant to sound like a tough talker. It's just a fact, plain & simple. I didn't spew out any BS, I [b]would[/b] do exactly what I said I would & no jury would convict me for it!!
Would you if you were a juror??

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A girl's self-confidence and assertiveness comes from her FATHER.  The best thing you dad's can do is show your daughters that you love them, support them, and believe in them, and also pass your values and judgement to them.  If you do this, chances are excellent that your daughters will grow up with a developed sense of self-worth and a tendancy to defend themselves when necessary.

"Social" rapists instinctually seek out (and find, by the dozens) women who will be meek and submissive, full of self-doubt, self-blame, and no self-worth.  Make sure your daughter isn't one of those.  Your wife probably won't be able to make a tenth of the difference that you can.

-Troy
View Quote

[size=4]Very, very WELL said![/size=4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top