Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2001 3:28:48 PM EDT
With playoffs in the horizon, I though we do something fun. How bout we get an AR15.com board football pool for the Final Play Offs(Last 2 NFC and  2 AFC teams) and Superbowl. Total of 3 pools. You know, your classic 100 box. Winner will be the last digit for each team scores corresponding box.

My idea is to set up a pay pal account that you guys can get deposit money into and I can pay the winners with.

1) I will post a link to the pool sheet.

2) In order to pick your box, the empty boxes will have corresponding alpha and numeric ID (I.E. A1, B1, etc.)

3) As I get the money, I will post the names on the corresponding boxes picked.

4) To make this happen in a timely manner the pool will open Sunday Midnight Central prior to the games close Thurs @ Midnight Central prior to the games.

5) Pool sheet will be updated and posted nightly. I will also host the pool sheet on my webpage for easier access.

So now we just need to decide:
If you guys wanna do this or not?
Is it legal or are violating some interstate gambling laws?
How much per box? Let make it worth while...$5, $10, $15, $20?
Should we have a min amount of boxes per person at first?

If we get a good enough response, I will begin to set this up so we have plenty of time to get it going.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the idea, but think it's a "no-no".

Tyler
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm.... I was thinking the same thing TylerD, but I figure I throw it out there and see if it sticks.

Maybe some of the lawyer dudes, like Steve in VA and EricTheHun can shed some light on the legality of this.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#3]
What if we all send you money with an attached note asking you to "put us on your mailing list"? It seems to work for all of the "lawyers" out there using the pyramid schemes to earn $1.3 trillion in two months.

Think it'll fly?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Mailing list for football score info. Yeah that's the ticket.

I really do not want to break any laws over football. I will research this further and let you guys know.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in if you decide to do it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
No, I'll not give you my legal opinion 'up front' - you go ahead and do it and I will come fetch you from jail at the appropriate moment!

Eric The(RememberWhichAccountToMakeTheDepositIn,OK?)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top