Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2001 9:51:13 AM EDT
Dear Members

I am a student in college and the former webmaster of AK-47.net.  I am constructing my final project for English on Vietnam Veterans in comparison to Tim O’Brian’s writings.  A requirement of my final project is that I interview Vietnam Veterans about their feelings towards the war.  I understand that this is a sensitive issue thus, I understand if you are reluctant to participate. However, any information would be greatly appreciated.  I have copied the interview to the bottom of this post, please e-mail them to [email][email protected][/email].  I have also added an anonymous way to submit your information at: [url]http://badz2801.tripod.com/[/url].  

Sincerely
Ian – Webmaster

Name: (not required) Please create an alias.

Drafted or Enlisted:

Branch of Service:

Please be specific when answering questions as accuracy and depth is essential.

1. What was your opinion of the war?   Did you feel that it was worth the sacrifices that were made?  Do you feel that it accomplished anything? (Explain)

2. Did you ever feel angry towards members of the military or government for maintaining the war? (Politicians)

3. Were you involved in numerous engagements or firefights? Do you believe this influenced your perspective of the war?

4. Did you ever feel that your commander was unfit to serve due to pressure of combat or lack of experience?

5. Did you ever encounter an AWOL situation in the field?  If so did you have to hunt the soldier down?

6. What would you like to have done as an occupation had the war not occurred?

7. How did you feel when you returned home?

Thank you for your time as your information will not be redistributed and is for educational purposes only
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you should go out and interview some vets.......there`s a lot of them walking the streets............
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have interviewed some however, how many vets do you think walk around on a college campus? Do they all carry signs that say Vietnam Veteran?

Sincerely
Ian
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, think for a second.  Where can you find vets regularly?  Your local VFW.  Almost every town, including little ones, have a chapter of the VFW.

You'll find plenty of Vietnam vets in there.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Bill the Gunn has it right.  Also you cannot respond by email and protect an identity.
If you go the VFW route go slow and quiet and maybe buy a beer or two.
Most Vietnam vets are pretty smart and will have you giving your opinions if you're not careful.

By the way go early and make friends with the bar tender.
You might also enlarge your question to "Southeast Asia."
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
ian! how the hell are you?!?! i hope life is treating you well. good luck on your survey and stop over to the ak side of this board (just hit the "sites" up top) and say hello to a few of your old friends.

btw, it did work out to well with dthor...heheheh! take care.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Some members have expressed concers about remaining anonymous when submitting information. I have created a web from to submit the information anonymously. Thank you for your help. The link to the mail form: [url]http://badz2801.tripod.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Camp what's up?  Thanks for dropping me a line it was good to hear from you.  Ill stop bye the AK section tonight, finals are a B*TCH.

Sincerely
Ian
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top