Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2001 9:37:24 AM EDT
Metalheads will know about this. No better drinking music than Fast Eddie era Motorhead.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Iron Maiden..........[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Shit you like motorhead, I thoght I was there only fan how about that!
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#3]
"If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man;
You win some you lose some, It's all the same to me..."  Rock on dudes!  And get more beer...
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Iron Maiden & Anthrax (Persistence of Time or earlier only.)
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Iron Maiden and Black Label Society
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shit you like motorhead, I thoght I was there only fan how about that!
View Quote

That's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever...

Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
i worked w/motorhead in l.a. back around 1986,boy is lemmy one big scary looking s.o.b.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Scream a thousand miles
Feel the black death the rising
Firestorm coming closer,
Napalm to the bone, moan,
Because, you know we do it right,
A mission every night,
It's a Bomber.....

Cheers Motorheadbangers [beer]

Anybody know if Lemmy is pro-gun?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Anybody know if Lemmy is pro-gun?
View Quote

for some reason i just cant imagin him being anti-gun
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have no first hand knowledge as to Lemmy's stance on guns, but I did find this link: [url]www.ram.org/music/articles/lemmyinterview.html[/url]

Read the last paragraph.  Doesn't look good.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Metalheads know all about this?

Don't forget about skins and punks! Motorhead is great beer drinking music. Have you ever met anybody who doesn't like motorhead?

I mean, besides hippies of course.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#12]
"The Chase is better than the Catch"
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#13]
"If you squeeze my lizard,
I'll put my snake in you.

"I'm a romantic adventure,
and you're a reptile too."

--  Killed By Death
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Lemmy was just another 80's prettboy, fronting another glam hair band. Aren't they touring with Posion?

Everybody knows the best band to drink beer to is ZZ TOP!!!

Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Seamusmcoi, excuse my manners. [beer] To metalheads, [b]punks and skins[/b]!

USPC40, most of that sounded like Lemmy's sense of humor kicking in. If you're a Motorhead fan, you know what I mean. But yeah, it didn't look too good. Hope I'm wrong here.

On a related note, I recently got a dub of the old punk band Broken Bones in a tape trade (one 'o my hobbies). I was after some of their stuff since Voivod (ancient Canadian thrash band)mentioned them as an influence. Get the tape and it's some killer thrashing punk. So I go surfing for a bit of info and find out they have a new album. Much to my surprise, the reviewer mentions they spend most of the album bitching about America's "gun violence epidemic". Not cool, especially since they're Brits!

D.R.I. had a song about gun control too that rather pissed me off. From the Thrashzone lp IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Iron Maiden started to suck at Somewhere in Time.

Blaze415, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Black Label Society.

Other good stuff (that I'm aware of) in this genre: Dream Theater, COC, Queensryche. Suggestions welcome...
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Ghettoblaster...
You're the only other person I've ever heard of that digs Broken Bones. Great band! They really rode that song "Decapitated" pretty hard didn't they?

As for Motorhead, I saw them last at the Ritz Theater in NYC a long time ago. They played with the Cro Mags and it was insane. The biggest display of controled violence I've ever seen.
[img]www.imotorhead.com/graphics/boneshaker.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#18]
M4, thats a great "Snaggletooth" collage!

Funny you should mention 'Decapitated' as the tape I got was "Complete Singles". Had 2 versions of Decapitated. Great music, even if I don't agree with their lyrics.Check out Voivod's first 2 lps and demo stuff. Very similar.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Motorhead is cool but I have to admit they were a bit before my time.  I have discovered them only because Metallica pays them so much tribute.  

With that in mind James Hetfield is prolly only second to Nugent as a musician who is into hunting.  Metallica Rules!
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Lemmy was just another 80's prettboy, fronting another glam hair band.
View Quote

You've got to be kidding.  Lemmy is one ugly MF and I don't think he even bathes, let alone uses hairspray.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have no first hand knowledge as to Lemmy's stance on guns, but I did find this link: [url]www.ram.org/music/articles/lemmyinterview.html[/url]

Read the last paragraph.  Doesn't look good.

USPC40
View Quote

To wit:

'While he loves America and thinks "it's a great country", he also thinks "it's fucking itself. It has these terrible bureaucrats and all they do is follow the book." He thinks America "spends too much on defense, on a mythical enemy. What about the people starving on the streets?"

Lemmy was at his most eloquent when he spoke about gun control, and I'm lifting this stuff from the PR info I got since I think it says it better than our conversation: "The hunting thing in America, it's unbelievable---they dress up like the SAS to kill a deer! They hide in trees with camouflage uniforms on them, they have telescopic rifles---Jesus Christ, you know what I mean? The deer has got its fur on it and four hoofs on it! And they make a big deal out of killing the poor bastard thing. They should get on their knees and apologise for having that much of an advantage." When queried about needing guns to mount a revolution against a government, he said "the English have brought their government down without any guns several times. All it takes is a sex scandal. You just need a dick and a woman." Lemmy did acknowledge however the situation has gone a bit too far and "it's possible you can't take all the guns away." '

Thanks, Lemmy, for informing us. You are an ignorant prole.

Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Motorhead, Maiden, you left out Judas Priest
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lemmy was at his most eloquent when he spoke, "You just need a dick and a woman."
View Quote

Uh ha hah ahah hahah, Beavis...he said "dick"
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Beer?  Nah, I don't drink, but it does make me want to eat the rich.z
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:30:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was after some of their stuff since Voivod (ancient Canadian thrash band) mentioned them as an influence.

D.R.I. had a song about gun control too that rather pissed me off. From the Thrashzone lp IIRC.
View Quote

I love Voivod's Killing Technology - great stuff.

Thrashzone - yes - that song about gun control turned me off of DRI.

DrMark
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:37:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was a big Maiden fan before that album.  The guitar synths really turned my stomach.

I got over it quickly though.  1986 brought me Master of Puppets, Peace Sells, Reign in Blood, and Kreator's Pleasure to Kill.  Mmmm... Kreator.

DrMark
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I was a big Maiden fan before that album.  The guitar synths really turned my stomach.

DrMark
View Quote

Why? It was just one more layer added to already complex music. Now, Judas Priest went WAY overboard with synth on Turbo, and THAT turned my stomach. But Maiden's use of guitar synth on Somewhere In Time was just an added nuance to compliment the more "traditional" sounds.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Finally the MotorHeads rise out this.First album for me was Ace Of Spades....been F***in hooked ever since!!!!!!had the "Iron Horse" tattooed on my entire back.Fast Eddie Clark days were definitley the best ones.two decades later I still never get tired of beer an Motorhead 'till I'm dead!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I got over it quickly though.  1986 brought me Master of Puppets, Peace Sells, Reign in Blood, and Kreator's Pleasure to Kill.  Mmmm... Kreator.

DrMark
View Quote

Hell yeah!!! Pleasure To Kill is one of the best metal records ever! That sounds alot like my listening habits back then (and still...hahah). Also, Motorhead's Orgasmatron came out that year too.

Hiwathl, [beer]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#30]
orgasmatron was the tour that i worked with them on in long beach ,ca. back in late 86 i think.worked every major punk/skin/oi! band that you can name "back in the days".[+]:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Napalm Death
Morbid Angel
Bolt Thrower
Mortician
Morpheus Descends
Immolation

All good, wholesome music
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top