Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2001 3:34:27 PM EDT
(I'd ask this at hkpro.com but it's down right now)

Went with the wife skiing to Sun Valley today and found a gun shop I didn't know was there. This place is like a gun lovers wet dream. Class three, evil rifles, water cooled belt feds. In his rack of toys was an hk-41 marked 4/66 that I'd rate about %95. Anyone know what it's worth? It's on consignment for $3600 and that didn't sound to bad to me since there are very few that made it into the country.  

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It is an early verison of the HK 91 semi. I think the model does command a higher value for it. Try go to [url]www.hkweaponsystems.com[/url] for more info.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The owner explained to me that these where imported with a single fire lower but if you added a burst lower the weapon would fire full auto, due to this atf stopped import so hk come out with the 91 to replace it. This one has the lower permanetly attached so no burst lowers can be added.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The HK rifle lowers had to be redesigned by making the lowers incompatible with the swing down full autos lowers.  That's is why the HK90 series rifle had to omit the ambi-mag to make the full auto converison difficult.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
HK G41? Three position lower? I have lived with one for twelve years. A really nice weapon but, I'd like an M16 instead.
If it is a G41 (uses M16 mags) please let me know.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
MDS-
It's not the G41 you're thinking of.  HK originally imported the HK-91 as the HK-41.  Their number scheme is something like this:
-X1: 7.62x51
-X2: 7.62x39
-X3: 5.56mm
-X4: 9mm

-2X: belt-fed MG
-3X: select fire fullsize
-5X: select fire small size(carbine/SMG)
-9X: sporter

This isn't 100% perfect, but it's pretty much accurate.

Put the two lists together and you get the designation.  A HK-91 is a sporter in 7.62mm.  A HK-93 is a sporter in 5.56mm.  HK-54 was the original designation for the MP-5, a SMG in 9mm.

They probably just used 4X at first, but when they made the design change, they changed the designation.  

The "G"-41 is the designation for the 5.56mm gun that was up for trials in various countries when they searched for new rifles in that caliber.  Totally different rifle than the one idaho-ar-15 is talking about.  Very cool rifle though.  

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top