Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2001 12:40:31 PM EDT
These are crappy- never buy a Sony Mavica (or "I need to learn how to take pics with this camera").  This is the first knife I made, under the tutelege of Ron Claiborne. I don't have any others on hand to get pics.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/007/mk/1g/34/wz48007.jpg[/img]

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/004/tT/hM/pB/wN41223.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking knife! Are you still making them?

Tyler
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
and yes, the knife is a little beat up- I use it constantly.

Don Out
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nice looking knife! Are you still making them?

Tyler
View Quote

Yes, been playing with cable damascus. I'm going to forge a billet out next weekend, using 5x 1/2" cables and a sledgehammer to pound it out.

Like I told Ice in another post (Major's Art post) I appreciate crisp lines/grinds, but prefer a more rounded appearance (fluid, natural).
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT for Ice's perusal
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks bro,
I have this thing for double egded matter separators, and that assymetrical grind is wicked in a good way.  That is considered a "fighter" guard.  The finger grooves and the file work on the top and bottom of the tang is also nice.  For your first knife, that rocks.  Only things I could recomend is a lanyard hole and removable scales, like using machine screws.
Anytime you want to make me one, let me know how much you want.
Thanks for the pics and keep up the good work.
Ice
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice AR and knife. I like the roundness of the blade too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Tried the lanyard hole, tang kept work hardening. I broke 7, count 'em, 7 bits trying that hole. This thing shaves (hair, slightly softer steel). Has differential hardening (heated to non-magnetic about 3/8" all around the blade, which in the center flat is about 1/4" thick). I cut off limbs from the evil front-yard ugly magnolia tree with it when bored...
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanx, MK1III. Ice, e-mail me if you are serious. I will have time to make 2 knives before shipping out to Ft Benning in mid-Jan.

I have some 52100 left over, and am making the monster billet next weekend out of the cable.

[email protected]

I prefer to keep any selling discussion off of the board, as I can't afford to be a paying member until back on active duty. I even had to let the NRA membership lapse.

Don Out
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Understood about the selling thing.

Mail sent.

Thanks, and take care.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top