Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2001 4:16:27 AM EDT
If the Militia is actually each state's National Guard (as some would have us believe)...

What's the Texas National Guard doing over in Kosovo?  Do they suspect, perhaps, that the Serbs are preparing for an amphibious assualt of the Gulf Coast?
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 4:19:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats our side of the arguement now.
Since the NG is under federal callup, they can't be constued as a militia according to the constitution.
I like it. I guess that makes "us" the militia. Cool. Give me my Damn m203.
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The national guard did not exist when the second amendment was written nor did they talk about forming one either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
militia are citizens not govt employees. i know that title 10 section 311 of u.s.code defines the national guard as organized militia. the 1st and 2nd amendment gives the citizens the right to "form" militia. 1st=assembly 2nd=weapons. the founding fathers defined militia as being the whole people.  organized,unorganized. and reserve militia which were the older and younger people. the last line of natl. defense. if we must get permission to resist tyranny from government then whats the point.  please flame me
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
....also check out the u.s. vs miller case. an interesting read [@:D]
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
No flame here, Major Murphy!

"A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves and include all men capable of bearing arms. To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." Richard Henry Lee

Nothing ambiguous about that!

The Framers of the Constitution defined the militia as citizens.  The current concept that the National Guard makes up the militia has no Constitutional basis.  It is only based on US Gov't "code".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top