Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2001 5:49:19 PM EDT
The neighbor across the street just put up one of those light-up reindeer with a head that moves back and forth. My Golden Retriever has been barking at it continuously for the past 20 minutes.

She must be getting senile.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
My dog used to try and eat sowbugs.

She also chased a pelican before at the baseball field.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
SHOOT THAT Ferral DEER.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The neighbor across the street just put up one of those light-up reindeer with a head that moves back and forth. My Golden Retriever has been barking at it continuously for the past 20 minutes.

She must be getting senile.
View Quote

I have her cousin, the collie, here! She about jumps out of her skin when the doorbell rings, she has NO clue what it is but it scares the hell out of her.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you expect from a peanut sized brain?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a Damnation one time.  Stupidest dog ever domesticated.

Lived in the country at the time and had a couple other hunting dogs.  No overbred lunatic hounds just good mongrels that knew what hunting meant.

That Damnation would let a rabbit run smooth over its nose before it would pay attention.  Then it would get this "Did you SEE that! What the h#ll WAS that?" look.  And just SIT THERE!

Other dogs would be going crazy to get after the rabbit.

Dumb, dumb dog.  Only thing dumber is my brother who I conned into taking that creature.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's nothing.  My dumb rotty was sleepling on the floor.  She broke wind, woke herself up and barked at it.  My dog isn't just stupid she's gross.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I'm happy to report my three Chows are brilliant !!!!
(Alright, alright, they all did flunk obedience school and they do run barking to the door when a door bell rings on TV.)
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Its Xmas! shes 'caroling!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a mutt that would lay her head on the wedge.when I was splitting wood.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's nothing.  My dumb rotty was sleepling on the floor.  She broke wind, woke herself up and barked at it.  My dog isn't just stupid she's gross.
View Quote

My friend has a rottweiler. It has gotten hit by a car twice, and both times it just stood there and allowed itself to get hit. It's a massive dog, so luckily it didn't get hurt. It also eats it's own shit and humps anyone who sits on the couch (and it's a neutered dog.) It also has a tendancy to wander off and stand in the middle of the street refusing to move.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#13]
See you boys need to get a pit bull. No other breed like it. And no other breed with so much personality.

I've had a pit that could climb a tree. I've got a pit now that barks at dogs on tv on sight. She doesn't even have to hear them. And you might not believe it, but she even barks at cartoon dogs. I shit you not.

Every pit bull has a special trick, at least every one I know. And think what you want, but they're not generaly vicious. If you know anything about fighting dogs you'll know why.

As far as personality goes, all you have to see is that pitbull smile and you'll know what I'm talking about. No other dog has that smile.
Of course, they're not good for hunting rabbits.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I forgot to say, my dog would be going off if that reindeer was across the street as well.

I don't think you're dog is senile. Just protecting you against those evil christmas decorations.

Be glad she's there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
See you boys need to get a pit bull. No other breed like it. And no other breed with so much personality.

-snip-

As far as personality goes, all you have to see is that pitbull smile and you'll know what I'm talking about. No other dog has that smile.

AMEN!

My wife and I got our pit, "Tigger" a couple of years ago at the pound. She is the BEST dog I have ever owned. Very smart, playful and the most loving dog I have ever seen. That dog has more personality than most people I know.

Semper FI
Chris
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#16]
My Choc Lab has a twisted sense of humor with a great personality.
I took her over to my Aunt's house for Thanksgiving to wear out the kids. While I was standing there, talking to my cousin, she came up and heeled up to him. She looked up at him, then at me, then snuggled up tighter to him with her head laid back against his thigh and stayed there for about a min. He totally ignored her, finally, she heeled up to me, looked at him, then at me, then went over to him and nailed him in the NUtts and doubled him over with her nose, then heeled up on me again, as if to say "ignore me will ya, Ha"
Borg
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:01:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Or then it's time for the dog to CREATE christmas ornaments...
By stealing pieces of tinsel off the tree and crapping little concertina turds out in the yard.
Time to go fetch the metal detector....
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:55:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I met a red nosed pit on a call not long ago. That dog was just lookin for a friend. Belonged to a 4 year old girl and was as friendly as the beagles I've owned.
Not sure if it would chase rabbits.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 1:57:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wholly krapp, I was about to post that my rotty does the same thing!
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:00:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Dog's are like humans.  Some dog's are smart as shit and some dog's are dumb as a post.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Dogs are like children and computers, you get out what you put in.   garbage in, garbage out
Borg
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

More than once?

[smash]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#23]
My Pit Bull, Russel (70 lb), doesn't like other large dogs, but loves little dogs and puppies.

He constantly meets mean, little dogs.  Sometimes they attack him, and bite.  He doesn't even care.  He let's them bark, snarl, lunge and bite.  He just wags his tail while the little dog hangs from his face.

A few weeks ago, we went into a pet store that is in the hood.  As Russel was halfway through the door, a miniature dachshound, that was inside attacked.  The little guy started mauling Russ!  Russel tried to back out the door, but got stuck.  The dachshound's owner pulled her little dog off and apologised.
We  then entered the store.  As all of this was occurring, a big cat, that lives in the store came around from behind, and attack Russel's rear. Claws and teeth.
Russel just looked up at me and headed for the door.  
Whenever he sees the dachshound out on the street, it's always the same thing, now;  the little guy comes up to Russ, a waggy and friendly, and as soon as he's close enough, he attacks.  Funniest damn thing.

He has no desire to hurt any of the little animals, because it's just not sporting. He even catches squirrels live, with his paws.
If a BIG dog acts aggressive towards him...
...stand by.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Or then it's time for the dog to CREATE christmas ornaments...
By stealing pieces of tinsel off the tree and crapping little concertina turds out in the yard.
Time to go fetch the metal detector....
View Quote

ROTFLMAO... and i thought the dog fart post was funny.....
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dogs are like children and computers, you get out what you put in.   garbage in, garbage out
Borg
View Quote

I don't agree. While a computer can certainly be influenced by it's environment, some computers are just "special" and will never reach their full potential. Same for kids and dogs.

Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

HooHaaaaa, I get it....for a minute there I thought that your were referring to making firewood from logs.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#27]
The dachshund attacking the big dog...that's funny.

I have a mindasch and a Jack Russell Terrorist.
The Jack Russell watches TV..I shit you not!

Whenever someone on TV walks directly at the camera, he jumps up and goes after him. We have, so far, been able to stop him from scratching my big screen.

He sees dogs run off the screen and goes looking for them in the kitchen or my wet bar.
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/014/V3/zw/W2/pU78053.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Right now, it's a tad chilly outside in central Tx, so I put on some sweats and went outside. While there , the dog brought her favorite toy  to play with. A rope with a knot at both ends. She will pester you till you play tug with her, well, like I said funny sense of humor, because I didn't want to play, she did something I don't allow her to do, she jumped up on me and when she came down, so did my sweats to the knees. She just sat down and didn't do anything else. I swear I heard her laugh.
Borg
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't agree. While a computer can certainly be influenced by it's environment, some computers are just "special" and will never reach their full potential. Same for kids and dogs.
View Quote

I'm not so sure, unless they are mentally challenged, It all depends on how much time spent with them. (computers too)
Borg
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Well it is a Golden Retriever...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top