Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2001 3:29:01 PM EDT
... any Seattlites know anything abou this?

... all I got is:
[i]From KOMO4 Web Site right now:

SEATTLE - A plane at Sea-Tac Airport has been sealed off after U.S. Customs officials in New York received an anonymous tip that the inbound 747 from Taipei, Taiwan had someone on board carrying smallpox.

It has not been determined if it is a valid threat yet, but officials are not taking any chances.

Eva Air Flight 32, bound for Newark, N.J. but in Seattle on a scheduled stop-over, has been quarantined as a precaution. No one is being allowed on or off the plane.

The threat was not specific if the person was infected, or carrying a vial of smallpox.

Again, there has not been any confirmation of smallpox on board. Officials are responding to an anonymous tip.[/i]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone phoned in an "anonymous tip".  Officials quarantined the plane, and discovered that the "sick passenger" had . . . a cold.

A [i]common[/i] cold, at that.  Not even a "very special cold".

The flight was released, and everyone is wondering why some moron called it in -- hoax, stupid asshole, or both?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad they got that taken care of!  What are you doing getting bulletins from KOMO?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
KOMO SUX
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, I knew I forgot to do something last night.

No, not KOMO.  But ALL the TV-nooz programs sux. [:D]

Anyway, apparently, some asshole in North Carolina whose (ex-)girlfriend had dumped him found out which flight her new boyfriend was coming in on.  He phoned in the hoax so that the new boyfriend wouldn't be able to get to NC and see her.

This was according to KING-5 at 11pm, which (to reiterate) also sux.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top