Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2001 12:48:45 PM EDT
I found a few at K-Mart for $299, they are in the paper, aftermarket from 400 to 600 bucks each. How about your area?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I happened upon 2 of them at wall mart a few days ago. I wasn’t really planning on getting one, but when I saw them sitting there I had to.

Later that evening at Best Buy, they had received a shipment that morning. But were sold out in a few hours. The only place that usually has them is Electronics Boutique. That is because they only sell them in a $500 package deal with an extra controller and 3 games.

I don't think tracking one down is as hard as it was last year with the PS2. You just need to keep an eye peeled. BTW my area is the PRK.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I was in downtown Chicago at CompUSA and they had a whole shipment sitting there Wed. of this week.

My local Wal-Mart usually has them when I'm in there, that's where I bought mine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Wally world here in Vegas has them...  

They're not bundled. $299, I got one cheaper than this, cause I know one of the wally-supervisors, and she knocked 10% off mine.  See if you can't get one of the denizens at Walmart to buy it for you while they're on a break... slip a $5 or something... it'll be worth it.  I got the box and Halo for $327 after tax.

Good luck, cuz the thing rocks!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Unlike how Sony handled the PS2 release, Microsoft is putting more units at larger retailers.  So, stores like Best Buy and Wal-Mart are going to get more units than Funcoland.  

There won't be the shortage on Xboxes that there was on PS2's, so trying to make a profit off of them may be a losing proposition.  I had four PS2's last year, and I had a hard time selling the last two because more and more became available before Christmas.  As of right now, kbtoys.com has the bundles in stock for $499.99.  I also didn't overinflate my prices like others did.  But what little profit I did make helped cover my Christmas expenses quite nicely.

I still haven't seen one on the shelves in Northeast Houston/Humble/Kingwood.  Toys R Us up here has been sold out of Xboxes since the release, though they took a while to get rid of all their Gamecubes.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I am sure that you are right, though it is wierd that when I went to look for an xbox, the only place in Des Moines that had them was the Funcoland right next to Best Buy which didn't have them.  Had to hunt all over town though to find a DVD kit.  Found one at the Target on the far west part of town.

Halo---  All you have heard is true...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top